Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Giant Ohio Buck

Bigcountry40

With all the cameras out these days a big buck can’t scratch his ass without everyone within his 5 sq mile range knowing when and where it happened so pulling a stunt like this is just plain STUPID!

So what you're saying is to pull of this master plan I must raise the deer in my barn only allowing it to roam outside at night, while injecting it with steroids. Then I shoot it and drag it to stark county and parade it around for the world too see.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
So what you're saying is to pull of this master plan I must raise the deer in my barn only allowing it to roam outside at night, while injecting it with steroids. Then I shoot it and drag it to stark county and parade it around for the world too see.
Yes. And leave it unsecured in the bed of your truck while you get breakfast.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
Although there is no post of him saying it was fair chase, he did transport it back to a farm that he leases and act like it was shot from there. Also many many people went to check out this deer in person and was told it was fair chase and many were backing him up on Facebook until the evidence was undeniable

Or maybe he transported it back to his farm just to get more/better pictures??? We commonly take pictures at other locations, especially if it is recovered after dark and we would like daylight pics.
And were you one of the guys that went to see it in person, and were told BY HIM that it was fair chase??? Who gives a crap if many were saying it is fair chase on FB.
Maybe somebody just showed up there and wanted to play a joke on their buddies that it was a fair chase deer and posted it on FB or something??? Or maybe it was a wanna-be outdoors star trying to pimp their FB/web page and trying to get hits with pics of it.
Or maybe he is a douche. I doubt it though as no one with an IQ of greater than 1 would feel they could pass that off as a free range deer knowing the web-site of the game farm has pics of it on it.
Just saying maybe he doesn't deserve the gallows for what you have read on the web/social media. But then again most folks always assume the worst, makes for a better story!!!

Bigcountry40

The only thing that could have made this better, would have been it being stolen while he was at the toupee shop. Lol.

That hair probably helped find his silhouette and I really don't care about this story at all, I am just having fun with it.

Last edited:

Fletch

Supporting Member
With all the cameras out these days a big buck can’t scratch his ass without everyone within his 5 sq mile range knowing when and where it happened so pulling a stunt like this is just plain STUPID!

Spot on Ric... Anymore its hard for a big buck to go un-noticed with cameras hanging everywhere. Heck when mother nature calls you now have to look around to make sure your not on a cam before you drop your pants. But back to this pro-staff hunter.. If it floats his boat to shoot a pen deer good for him. Hes got to look himself in the eye every morning in the bathroom, if hes happy with that great. But why the bullshit that he shot it fair chase? That's where he becomes a total douche bag. As for it getting stolen??? I wonder, as said earlier the plot thickens. I'm thinking he may be saying this to take the heat off himself and everyone feel sorry for him. After all who leaves a 280 rack rolling around in the back of your pickup for days. Just not buying it..

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Or maybe he transported it back to his farm just to get more/better pictures??? We commonly take pictures at other locations, especially if it is recovered after dark and we would like daylight pics.
And were you one of the guys that went to see it in person, and were told BY HIM that it was fair chase??? Who gives a crap if many were saying it is fair chase on FB.
Maybe somebody just showed up there and wanted to play a joke on their buddies that it was a fair chase deer and posted it on FB or something??? Or maybe it was a wanna-be outdoors star trying to pimp their FB/web page and trying to get hits with pics of it.
Or maybe he is a douche. I doubt it though as no one with an IQ of greater than 1 would feel they could pass that off as a free range deer knowing the web-site of the game farm has pics of it on it.
Just saying maybe he doesn't deserve the gallows for what you have read on the web/social media. But then again most folks always assume the worst, makes for a better story!!!

I agree with a lot of your post Larry. That’s why I said it would be really stupid if in fact he did try and pass it off as FC.

What’s funny, the first thing I thought to myself when I saw his hero pic was, he looks like a pharmacist at CVS moreso than an avid outdoorsman which as it turns out to be more true than not....rotflmao

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
After all who leaves a 280 rack rolling around in the back of your pickup for days. Just not buying it..

Someone who buys deer and has no idea the passion and dedication hunters put in to shoot a fair chase deer half that size.

reo

N.E. Ohio

No, there seems to be no evidence that I've seen (not that I'm even looking) of HIM saying it was FC other than a lot of hearsay. BUT even though he announced on FB it was stolen out the back of his truck while at breakfast and offers reward he did NOT feel the need or even attempt to clear up any of the controversy either. Not that he has to but if was a bunch of douche bags putting out false info one would think he would.

Iowa_Buckeye

Smartest person here
Linn County Iowa
No, there seems to be no evidence that I've seen (not that I'm even looking) of HIM saying it was FC other than a lot of hearsay. BUT even though he announced on FB it was stolen out the back of his truck while at breakfast and offers reward he did NOT feel the need or even attempt to clear up any of the controversy either. Not that he has to but if was a bunch of douche bags putting out false info one would think he would.

Heck he might not even know there is 'controversy' spreading on sites like this.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Heck he might not even know there is 'controversy' spreading on sites like this.
Trust me he would know. Its all over FB and sites across the net. Looking back for evidence that he said it was fair chase at this point in the game is pretty fruitless. At first hit of someone finding out it wasnt fair chase i'm sure he deleted everything.

A few years ago a guy showed up on this site to post a picture of a deer he shot with a recurve only a few days after gun season. Something wasn't adding up in the members pretty quickly caught on. His wife even signed up to say that it was fair chase and how proud of her husband she was. Then someone found a picture of the deer on some Amish dear Farm site. That dude begged and begged and begged me to delete his post. I never did.

In another instance we had a member that shot this hog in Vinton County and posted this grandios story about how he was hunting them down there on public land and how hard it was. The next thing you know Double D Ranch in Vinton County put up a picture of him on their site woth the hog he killed there. He too begged me to delete it.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Trust me he would know. Its all over FB and sites across the net. Looking back for evidence that he said it was fair chase at this point in the game is pretty fruitless. At first hit of someone finding out it wasnt fair chase i'm sure he deleted everything.

A few years ago a guy showed up on this site to post a picture of a deer he shot with a recurve only a few days after gun season. Something wasn't adding up in the members pretty quickly caught on. His wife even signed up to say that it was fair chase and how proud of her husband she was. Then someone found a picture of the deer on some Amish dear Farm site. That dude begged and begged and begged me to delete his post. I never did.

In another instance we had a member that shot this hog in Vinton County and posted this grandios story about how he was hunting them down there on public land and how hard it was. The next thing you know Double D Ranch in Vinton County put up a picture of him on their site woth the hog he killed there. He too begged me to delete it.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Schu72

Streetsboro
His FB page blew up after he posted about it being stolen. There were literally hundreds of comments to his post including screen shots of the deer from the ranch and posts of the ranch confirming it was killed there. He never replied to any of the comments. He eventually deleted the post and changed his security settings.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
A new photo has emerged.
14445940_886951344769821_3770594286261429211_n.jpg