Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Getting my daughters xbow season ready

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Very nice, Bro! I hope Karissa falls for the lure of deer hunting. After all, you and I produced girls and not boys. I will be watching for your hunting thread. Hopefully, I see " I know something" soon! Good luck to ya!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Thanks bro! Wish we lived closer so we could do this stuff with our girls together! I might be bringing them down for the youth season but I don't know yet...

Dang some SWEET shooting!! Looking like she's ready! With all the choices in X-bows, let her decide which to shoot. One may have a different scope that she prefers over the other and weight may also be a factor. Man I can't wait to see the success pics!!!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Both are shooting very well. Curious to see how a group of arrows handle the broadheads. I can group field points very well, but arrows with broadheads is another story.

I'm interested TOO Dick. I have 3 blade rages,Muzzys and slick tricks to work with.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Yes it is BGarrett, I owe my buddy Mike at work my sincere thanks for letting is borrow this great shooting machine!

This is not a plug for 10 Point as I've not shot any other xbow but my FIL's 10 year old Horton but if I were in the market for a xbow its a no brainer for me to buy a 10 Point fitted with the 10 point scope. Just sayin....

I screwed on a SS Mag 100 BH and put 3 arrow bolts center bull in a 2" group at 20 yards. I then took one of them back to 30 yards and shot one time and got this:

Then I put it away with a smile on my face....:smiley_bril:

My findings were: the 10 Point and SS Mag 100's are a deadly combination!

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Good for you. Maybe I better scare the moths out of my stash and invest in a Ten Point. That is some serious accuracy compared to both my Hortons.

Dick, FWIW, my buddy got his off craigslist for around $200. Some girl whose boyfriend bought it for her so they could hunt together then a short time later they broke up and she didn't want to pursuit it any longer sold it to him after posting it a few minutes on CL. There are deals out there but he got lucky and got a great xbow and deal though.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Looks good, Ric!

Dick, I'd love to have a look at your xbows, or get them to Milo. They are just like vertical bows in that they can go out of time/tune. If you can't get broadheads to fly well out of them, I bet it's a fixable problem. I can't count the number of xbow/arrow combinations I've squared away for guys around here that didn't think they would shoot a fixed head....they all will with a little correct lovin'.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I don't care how good a ten point shoots. The way they screwed us Horton owners is enough to tell them to stick their crossbows up their asses.

P.S. good shootin!

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I don't care how good a ten point shoots. The way they screwed us Horton owners is enough to tell them to stick their crossbows up their asses.

P.S. good shootin!

Actually Horton screwed ya by running the business poorly. They were going to go out of business regardless.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Awesome outcome Ric.... Here's hoping a good season for you and the family.....

Mike why do you think ten point screwed over Horton owners????

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Awesome outcome Ric.... Here's hoping a good season for you and the family.....

Mike why do you think ten point screwed over Horton owners????

Because they bought the company, killed it and won't honor the existing warranties. So basically Horton owners are screwed. That's business I guess...

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Ok fair enough. Their plan is to use the Horton equipment to create a new line of crossbows under the Horton name. :confused:

Sorry of hijacking. I feel like an ass now. Rant over.