Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Get out in the woods or you're going to miss it!!

rsmith

uploadfromtaptalk1444305518441.jpg uploadfromtaptalk1444305579823.jpg was on Facebook and saw this and just though wow. So since a buck was behind 2 does and they walked out and the does walked away it's the rut?! Just thought I would give you guys a good laugh this morning.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Wow. Glad I am in the stand this morning. Must be lock down already. I haven't seen a deer yet.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
The buck I killed opening day came out in the alfalfa 15 minutes after a fawn doe left the field. I'm pretty sure he was chasing her, so that means its probably over with here. The rut must of moved east.

Bigcountry40

rsmith, was that on Ohio Whitetail? I am a member and there are some ignorant hunters out there and say some crazy stuff. I feel like people should have to take a additional hunting knowledge/shooting test to be able to bow hunt.

Last edited:

rsmith

Sorry Gern didn't realize it reduced the size by that much. Long story short some guy posted he saw 2 does enter a field and a buck appeared a couple minutes behind them and the does wondered off so that means the rut is in full swing?!

And no bigcountry it was on Bowhunters of America, bunch of idiots on there as well though.

I haven't seen much at my spot so must mean deer are in total lockdown now and I completely missed the whole thing! Well better luck next year I guess haha

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Heading too Walmart!!!!! lmao
They were sold out last time I was there, since the rut already passed through you might not find any there. Luckily I got the wildgame pro staff on speed dial so they sent me a whole pallet of them.