Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Game straps

scottofalltrades

I don't know if any of you have seen the game straps that you can buy in the stores and online. I believe they are mostly used on geese.

I just can't warrant spending that kind of cash on something to carry a dead animal. Although I did buy a duck strap when Gander Mountain was closing.

Anyway, there are pictures of the three straps I made. Two of them have keyrings that you loop the strap back through. The larger size and the smallest size have an adjustment ring that would let you change the length depending on the game type and where you carry it (shoulder vs belt). The smaller size uses just a loose sliding knot that could be used to hold different sizes of game also. It also doesn't have the metal if you would prefer it.

I am more than happy to write up a DIY if anyone is interested, but wasn't going to bother if y'all didn't want it.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Good stuff. Although your color choice could use some work. That red and blue isn't exactly camo friendly.

I personally prefer the leather straps myself. Longer lasting and more of a classic look to them.

Nice job regardless!

scottofalltrades

Thanks Jager. Some of the color choices that I've seen in factory made ones were even more outrageous. I kinda used the cheapest materials I could find while I tweak it. If I could kill something I could test it.

Not a dove yet, and one sick squirrel. Walked out the other day and had a dove sitting on my car, one picking gravel by my tire and one on the power line above the car. My kind of luck haha.

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Cool idea. Ive found one of duck call straps for free from jesse at mingo. Im gonna use it for squirrels.

Last edited:

scottofalltrades

They are easy to make. Once I get dimensions figured out and everything cut, it's about a 20 minute process. Considering some of the run $30, it seems worth it.

Duck call lanyard is the same idea. I'll get something out together for a tutorial.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks Jager. Some of the color choices that I've seen in factory made ones were even more outrageous. I kinda used the cheapest materials I could find while I tweak it. If I could kill something I could test it.

Not a dove yet, and one sick squirrel. Walked out the other day and had a dove sitting on my car, one picking gravel by my tire and one on the power line above the car. My kind of luck haha.
Ha! Gotta love that!