Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fresh mineral site

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I think tomorrow I am going to go and freshen up my mineral site and get it ready for the next few months. I went and purchased another bag of trace and another stock salt skipping the phosphate this run since it isn't really needed until late winter early spring.

I will also be replacing the salt block in the pasture with a new mineral site in it's place :smiley_clap:

Anybody else getting ready to freshen up their sites ?

How have your sites been doing so far this year ?

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Just did mine Adam. Put the bags in the cement mixer and then filled up paint buckets. Paid my nephews this week ten dollars each to haul them out for me :)

Beentown

buckbuster217

*Supporting Member*
Byesville, Ohio
Getting ready to spruce mine up TOO Adam, the one site where I'm getting the pics of the big 8 ( super 8) is about 3 foot round and about 9 inches deep now, they have been hitting it hard!

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county
considering we hunt the same property, looks like I might benefit from your hard work. wish you would have said something, I could have chipped in a couple bones.
still waiting for you to let me know when you want to hang that stand

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
considering we hunt the same property, looks like I might benefit from your hard work. wish you would have said something, I could have chipped in a couple bones.
still waiting for you to let me know when you want to hang that stand

It was a spur of the moment thing this afternoon lol. I was near the liberty mill and decided to stop in and check prices and grab some if I had enough on me to do so lol. I had enough to grab a 50# bag of trace minerals with salt and selenium and a 50# bag of stock salt so I grabbed it and headed home lol.

I will most likely hang the pasture stand tomorrow or Wednesday when it rains. I will probably move the other stand Wednesday if it does rain just because we haven't been in there at all this year but for the quick trip Saturday to check cams. I still say that north block is going to be a killer setup this year.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I just reread through Jesse's DIY Minerals thread and i think i found a good spot to put in some minerals, hopefully I'll have some in by next weekend.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I just reread through Jesse's DIY Minerals thread and i think i found a good spot to put in some minerals, hopefully I'll have some in by next weekend.

The spot in the woods where I had the pic of the big woods 8pt. I originally had taken a 50# trace mineral block and broke it and mashed it back to powder and dumped there lol. A ton of work to get the results but it is way easier to do it using Jesse's formula lol. They have dug a heck of a hole and getting a ton of pics over the last few weeks so it's time to freshen it up doing it the right way lol.