Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Free guided hunt

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
There a lot of groups out there that works with the Wounded Warriors other than the Wounded Warrior Project..... But too keep it on a manageable level it would probably work best with someone nominating a vet that they know or any vet that asks for that matter and then do the drawing; just thinking out loud if the Vet is disables they may get 2 tickets vs. one for a non disabled vet? Just something that popped into my head....

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
There a lot of groups out there that works with the Wounded Warriors other than the Wounded Warrior Project..... But too keep it on a manageable level it would probably work best with someone nominating a vet that they know or any vet that asks for that matter and then do the drawing; just thinking out loud if the Vet is disables they may get 2 tickets vs. one for a non disabled vet? Just something that popped into my head....

I like the idea of multiple tickets if they are disabled.

Great ideas with the veterans!! On the marketing side of things I would say trail camera pics using your products. First trail cam pic would be of them putting your product out, second of what ever comes in. If you think it would be a lot of pics and entries then you could do best pic per month = 1 entry maybe.

Monster Raxx

Minnesota
I think there are a number of really good ideas here and I think if we combine them we can have a contest where a number of people have a chance at a great hunt. Other than the usual ways to win a contest just by the purchase of product, Facebook comments or likes, trail camera and heros shot pics, I want to add some other elements and I think that is where having someone nominate a military person whether active or a veteran comes into play, but I definitely like and will use disabled veterans get more than one chance. I would also like to include disabled hunters, children, police officers and fire fighters as well. Great ideas everyone keep them coming please.
Thanks
Tom

Tom it sounds like keeping track of things is going to be quite the task. Maybe setting up an on-line form on your website is the way to go? Maybe check boxes for military, Wounded Warrior, 'Make a Wish'/'Catch a Dream', police, fire, etc. could be set up for the automatic double entry.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
IMO, you could have chosen a very worthy vet via Wounded Warriors or another vet based organization and used social media to do all the marketing. My personal opinion is that it would look better for MR to make it a gift than a give away and you can still accomplish the same MR marketing efforts by promoting the hunt, filming the hunt, getting the outfitter to set up cams over MR products, the list goes on and on. This could be an opportunity to change a life AND market MR to the hilt.

We worked with Wounded Warrior when I gave away a turkey hunt back in my marketing and promotion days running a Pro Staff for a trail cam company. Through that, we were able to market our products, along with hunt sponsors and it was a success.

Last edited:

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I know wounded warrior does great things with our disabled Vets but there are issues with them when it comes too guns, and there was some banter back and forth a while back with the Gun Talk Show with Tom Gresham and the Marketing people of Wounded Warrior and which ended up with a discussion with the CEO.... I put this out not as a boycot but just a heads up that although they do good work they aren't exactly firearm friendly..... :smiley_coolpeace:

Hunter II

Don't take TOO long to pick a winner. Kansas is a draw state and you have to apply online during the month of April. Luckily, there is 100% draw success in most units.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I'm signing up then. Kansas is the only other state i would like to hunt. The guide can stay home though...lol