Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Four?

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
There was a doe in the parking lot at work this morning with four fawns. The pic sucks, but there were four.
!cid__0705011219.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
She could have had twins and another doe could have had twins but died. They sometimes adopt other doe's fawns.

Definitely not something you see everyday. Very cool. Thanks for posting up the pic.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Look like they are bigger fawns so I bet they are almost done drinking milk from mom. They wean between 10-14 weeks old from what I have read. They still drink some after that on occasion because I have seen a fawn in September last year run over to mom and suckle...not sure if it was just a calming effect much like a toddler with a pacifier or what. they had been separated by the farmer when he was picking corn but they later meet up out in the field when the farmer was done the fawn wanted a drink lol.

I just read that a doe can sometimes have quads...hum. learn something new everyday. I thought the most they would have was 3 at a time.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
I'll keep an eye out and try to get a pic with a camera and not a phone.
Oh, and my office is in the center of Toledo near UT.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
I saw a button buck years ago just before season try to nurse off of a doe, not sure it was the mom or not.... But she kicked the living crap out of his young ass..... Needless too say he didn't hang around after that..... Kinda felt bad for the little fellar..... We've all been there rotflmao