Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First walleye/ ice fishing trip

FOWLQUEEN

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423444337.531283.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1423444353.014614.jpg

Way addicting can't wait to get out this week

themedic

OHIO
More details please. I went with a buddy that is a guide last year, we went out on snow mobiles from west side of port clinton area but we stayed at a house on Catawba Cliffs and we watched guys pulling fish out of the ice not 500 yards off shore near the put-in-bay jet express parking area.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Very nice. I was just out this past Saturday. Good to see you got into some fish! Ice fishing on the big water is super addicting.

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Good times . I've been up the last 4 weekends . May hafta skip this weekend and do something with my wifey .

Last edited:

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Ice fishing Erie is a adventure . Pretty amazing really. Venturing8 or even more miles out ya feel like ya could be in the arctic....goin up Saturday and Sunday this weekend

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
The lake is 96% covered this year. First time since 1996 they said. A lot colder longer this year with less snow pack makes for some great ice. Have fun this weekend and be safe!!!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I was thinking that also jimbo . I know last yr was supposed to be the beat ice yr in decades. This yr ain't far behind it .

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
Thats what i thought also but Bobby Sheilds the weather guy was saying its been since 1996 since its been covered this much. He is a weather guy and they have been known to be wrong so....... LOL

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thats what i thought also but Bobby Sheilds the weather guy was saying its been since 1996 since its been covered this much. He is a weather guy and they have been known to be wrong so....... LOL
Nah, weather guys are never wrong..... Psshhhh! Lol

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
Sweet man . Lemme know how it goes , and if it goes well provide some gps numbers. Where ya fishing out of ?