Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First tattoo

Finally took the plunge yesterday and got my first tattoo. I thought about this one for a long time. Saint michael casting satan out of paradise. It was amazing how on the same page the artist was before he designed it. He was super excited to do a less traditional version of the scene. He made a more masculine michael and a more demonic satan. Working in law enforcement this picture and the scripture means alot to me. The protector role is what i live for every day as a husband, a father, and my career. Revelations 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Anyways i love it so far my first sit was 10 and a half hours. Got about 12 more to go. Hope sombody gets something positive out of it.

Attachments

• w1pD2XHB-2501995468.jpg
    w1pD2XHB-2501995468.jpg
    176 KB · Views: 225
  • 20180105_233151_1515213131453.jpg
    20180105_233151_1515213131453.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 194

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Finally took the plunge yesterday and got my first tattoo. I thought about this one for a long time. Saint michael casting satan out of paradise. It was amazing how on the same page the artist was before he designed it. He was super excited to do a less traditional version of the scene. He made a more masculine michael and a more demonic satan. Working in law enforcement this picture and the scripture means alot to me. The protector role is what i live for every day as a husband, a father, and my career. Revelations 12:9 And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him. Anyways i love it so far my first sit was 10 and a half hours. Got about 12 more to go. Hope sombody gets something positive out of it.

WOW! Mine took less than 2hrs, LOL.. I really like how you went with this and look forward to the finish.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Whoa! That is like saying "I'm going to buy my first car. I think I'll take a Ferrari." You went whole hog on that one!

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
Damn man that's a hell of a first tat. My buddy has a full back piece and it took a total of 30 hours. By the way the rib cage hurts like a bitch.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
That's sweet. I was going to get a St. Michael in byzantine style, but never pulled the trigger.
Looking forward to the finish!!

Damn man that's a hell of a first tat. My buddy has a full back piece and it took a total of 30 hours. By the way the rib cage hurts like a bitch.

X2 on the rib cage sucking. So far the worst part was ribs and the wings on my left trap muscle. It was a rough sit but the last 2 hours were legit pain. I was running off pure will power at that point. Everyone that came in that shop was amazed with the piece though. The artist that is doing it knocked off some cash for me sitting like a rock all day. He said it was a breeze working on me. I didnt know what it would feel like but i fell like i endured it pretty well. Thanks for all the comments guys i will post update pics and finished product.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Wow, that’s a lot of ink! Looking pretty cool so far Lack! I like the message TOO! Thank you for your service as it is a stressful and dangerous especially during these times. Stay safe and thanks for sharing.