Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

First Good Buck

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Was out mowing the grass this afternoon before work and out popped this guy. Same buck I watched Sunday. Looks like he could end up being a pretty good buck. Sorry the pics are blurry, I was trying to hold the binoculars, steady the camera, and get it focused.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Nice! 100 days seems so far away. I was showing the ol lady my new wallpaper of a buck on my phone (old wallpaper was a gobbler) and I told her that deer season can't get hear fast enough, she said "can't you just enjoy the summer". She don't understand what it's like to hunt the infamous whitetail!

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Gonna be a dandy, Greg. You might be able to pattern that deer. I would start a salt or mineral lick there. Then some apples and corn closer to season. You might get a crack at him? Thanks for the pic!

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Gonna be a dandy, Greg. You might be able to pattern that deer. I would start a salt or mineral lick there. Then some apples and corn closer to season. You might get a crack at him? Thanks for the pic!

That field is planted in beans this year, so I should be able to pattern him if he sticks around. I've lived there for three years, and I'm starting to see a pattern with all the good bucks in that area, I just gotta figure out what they do after they switch into fall mode.