Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Faster, Slower, ???

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Page generated in 0.3408 seconds with 29 queries.

Didn't happen that fast this AM!! :tantrum: I had the same problem on a woodworking Forum & went to FireFox & it solved it. But I'll be darned if I know what is happening here.

Am I the only one? If so it's got to be on my end I would think. :smiley_chinrub:

That stat is how fast the page generated though. It doesn't measure how long it took your browser to load the generated page. What browser versions are you using?

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
last two hours have been great for me , takes less then a second on every click

so it could be just a browser issue , on why its fast one minute then slow as hell the next ,, im got ie7

Are you still having issues after the other day when you said it was running faster? Has the problem returned for you?

I just Loaded the page in IE8 and browsed around and all was fine... I put IE in compatability mode which uses IE6-7 and it is dog slow. It also runs fast in Chrome and Firefox 3.6.15

Try upgrading the browser to IE8, Firefox latest version, or chrome and let me know.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Joe,

So many issues the last two days. I am part of two other forums that use VB and no issues. Wish I could help more Joe but I don't know what it is. Most of it reminds me of hang fires. You hit the primer enough times and it finally fires ;) It happens to me with two different computers and my new Droid.

Beentown

yea im still having problems once in awhile , the page comes up superfast pics and all , but the browser takes a lil bit to load , on my desktop it goes right in boom boom , my lap top i click it then sometime i gotta click it again to get it to load faster

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
yea im still having problems once in awhile , the page comes up superfast pics and all , but the browser takes a lil bit to load , on my desktop it goes right in boom boom , my lap top i click it then sometime i gotta click it again to get it to load faster

It's fast then slow, fast then slow.. Tells me it's the host... SOOOOOOO tonight around 11 or midnight I'm going to shut her down, upgrade the forum code, and migrate to the new host.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
Just as an FYI...When I get on the site it doesn't show what the "real" last post. Basically, it shows a post from an hour ago from the first time I was able to get back on. But there have been three posts since. I am sure Joe is ready to blow some shet up.

Beentown

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Glad to see the sight back up and running.... thanks Joe for all the hard work.... I'm on the road and reception is on again off again on 79 so I can't really say on the speed of the new host till I get home....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
It's fast..

But there are some things that are still messed up. The reason it took so long is the sites IP address changed and some of the "world wide web" doesn't know that yet...

Kind of like this. See the WWW works off of IP addresses like 444.444.444.444.. When you type a URL it is accociated with an IP address in a Host record... So your browser goes out there and says "what is this theohiooutdoors.com, i can't read this crap" Then the DNS server says.. "Here bonehead theohiooutdoors.com is 444.444.444" "AHHHHHH says the browser.. Now i can find that!" And off he goes to get the data you requested...

Here is the problem.. It Takes anywhere from 1 minute to 2 days for all of those devices on the net to update their records to our new IP.. This is why some people can get on. and others cant.