Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Fake tree? Really

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
Take some fishing line and cut a branch from a pine, oak or beech tree. It works great. I've been doing it for 20+ years.

I saw the "dead silent" whistle made by the Drury's in the 90s for Turkeys. They haven't got a penny from me since.

Bigcountry40

I didn't read all the posts, so if this was asked and answered you can scold me at the next gathering lol, can you climb it?

matthewusmc8791

NE Ohio
I've lost a lot of respect for them over the past few years. No one just ship like they do when it comes to changing sponsors. Seems they have a new trees and sponsor every year. It shows they promote what pays, not what they believe in. That, or they suck at finding products they belive in...

So very true. It's sad that so many younger hunters fall victim to listening to that type of crap. Sorta like the TC hype of crap. If TC would stop giving those pieces of shit away+ maybe people wouldn't say what a great firearm it is. The Durary clan isn't any different then so many others. Hell you remember Blondie and her old man would swear by ScentLok, they would do most of the show wearing 40 layers of shit and say the dumbest shit about how great it is and the only reason why they shot that 190" deer.

Haven't you seen how DDH gone down hill as well. ITs sad, its all about the money, not helping hunters. Buy our products is all its about... Sad day for the young new hunters if they don't have good friends and family to teach them the hunting way!!!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
So very true. It's sad that so many younger hunters fall victim to listening to that type of crap. Sorta like the TC hype of crap. If TC would stop giving those pieces of shit away+ maybe people wouldn't say what a great firearm it is. The Durary clan isn't any different then so many others. Hell you remember Blondie and her old man would swear by ScentLok, they would do most of the show wearing 40 layers of shit and say the dumbest shit about how great it is and the only reason why they shot that 190" deer.

Haven't you seen how DDH gone down hill as well. ITs sad, its all about the money, not helping hunters. Buy our products is all its about... Sad day for the young new hunters if they don't have good friends and family to teach them the hunting way!!!

Well said. Woodsmanship has been replaced by merchandising with our younger generation.

antiqucycle

East Ohio
Have mercy on all of the phony vendors. They need lots of money to lease property so I cannot hunt any longer. and of course the AMISH keep raising prices on bucks injected with all sorts of human growth hormones.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Why don't you guys quit beating around that little tree and say how you really feel[emoji3]

I agree. If you guys were selling that damn thing for 100.00 each I'm sure you would feel different. I jest you I'm sure. LOL