Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Evening doe

rooster85

Lake County
Well looks like I'm sleeping in tomorrow!! Dropped a nice doe tonight. I'd about given up up on seeing anything besides turkeys and I was messing with my phone, heard a leaf behind me and there she was at ten yards. More skittish than she should have been this early in the season. She jumped the small creek and fed right to me, well almost, my damn tree stand hadn't made a peep all day until she showed up. She pegged me as I shifted my weight and drew back. Settled in and I kinda rushed it, hit a tad high. She went maybe 25 yards and crashed. I didn't see ANY blood so I figured it was a miss but I'll look around for my arrow. Found it soaked in blood, crawled through the damn berry bushes and there she was! My first opening day deer in 27 years of hunting!

rooster85

Lake County
Thanks everybody, I hunted this stand kinda blind. Didn't run any cameras, just went off deer sign. She crossed the creek in one of the two spots I anticipated and right down the trail to me. Feels good hunting like that. Good luck everybody!