Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dove Season Opening Tomorrow 9/1

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
A what is everyone plans for opener? I typically only go once or twice a year but for the past 6-7 years Brock and I meet up for an opening day slaughter.

Remember to complete your HIP survey and verify that any shotgun capable of holding more than three shells has a plug.

HillBuck

Union Co
I'm possibly heading out tomorrow evening after work. Hopefully the bugs wont be too bad with the small cool down we have coming. Checking my trail cameras yesterday and couldn't get back to the house fast enough. Enough mosquitoes to carry away a nice size dog. I'l be taking my brother-in-law out after he gets home from football practice. Nothing better than shooting some doves to get ready for some grouse hunting up north in October.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I'm going to be blasting away just down the field edge from you, Joe. :).
It's always one of the best days of the year!

Carpn

*Supporting Member*
Wooster
I may try to go...Not sure yet. Got a couple private spots that are loaded. Seems like there are a bunch of doves this yr

Bigcountry40

going out on Saturday with my annual group, may try to sneek out somewhere tommorow night by myself if I can.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I'll be in a public field tomorrow morning as well. Really looking forward to it. Not as much for the birds as I am for the simple fact that it's the kick-off of the hunting season. Can't wait!

JOHNROHIO

Participation Trophy Winner
we did

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I'm going to the farm in the AM with a pocket full of #8s. I can bust squirrels while I scout the woods and there's doves all over the corn out there.