Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Doe Tag Loop Hole?

huntn2

Hudson, OH
What I find frustrating is the $15 tag I bought online which stated good until Feb. Sure it is. I bought it within the last two weeks. Now if I want to shoot a doe, I have to go buy another $24 tag. BS if you ask me.

In reality it is good till Feb. Just has to be used in an urban area...

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You get two 24 dollar either sex tags in Zone B. Buck and Doe.. Or two does.

You also get two 15 dollar antlerless tags.. That expired Yesterday for zone B.......

Now the giant loophole is this..... I still have a 15 dollar tag in my pocket... It is expired in B... It is still good in C through gun season........ How many guys are going to shoot a doe this week in B and say screw wasting that tag and telecheck it in C...

After gun season I will email the ODNR asking for antlerless tag usage in Zone C last year and this year during gun season... I bet anything the numbers go up as guys check deer they killed in A or B in at zone C so they can use that tag...

:smiley_coolpeace:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
The problem with buying them online is the fact you click on it and it simply states "Good until Feb". That is all I was saying Jim. Had I realized this at the time, I certainly would have just purchased another $24 tag. It is a bit deceptive online. I admit, it was a bit boneheaded on my part for not realizing it at the time, but I read the options and it simply stated "Expires Feb."