Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Disappointment.

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
Good luck on the search today. A ton of solid advice. I am betting you find him today.
Keep your head up. I know it doesn't help the way you are feeling but we have all been there.
I wish I was closer. I would definitely help out.

Joel

Centerburg, Ohio
Best of luck finding him. I understand your frustration completely but hope you're able to shake it off and get back at it after you recover this deer, which I really hope you do.

Hope you find him today. If not, don't let it get the best of you. Most, if not all of us, have experienced the same situation. You didn't take a shot that you shouldn't have. So no need to punish yourself and not hunt the rest of the season. All you can do is try to recover him to the best of your ability as any hunter should do. My fingers are crossed for you.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
I tried the trackman. I figured if was too cold of a trail, plus the rain today probly wouldn't help. He said it was just too cold of a trail. I understand completely, plus he hm other obligations. But he seemed like a hell of a nice guy, and he definitely knew what he was talking about. I'll definitely give him a call (earlier) if anything like this happens again.

I'm going to go back out after lunch and look for buzzards. That's my last and only hope. I can't describe how mad I am at myself for this whole situation.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
This afternoon was a bust. Walked about another mile or so. No deer..no buzzards either. But I'm not sure if they'll circle during the rain.

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Keep your head up man and get back out there. It sucks I know. Was in your shoes two weeks ago I and a lot of othersknow your pain. I looked all night and the next day and nothing but a bloody arrow and a few drips of blood. I have only been in the stand with the kids since. I've shot a lot since then, at unknown distances and I feel my confidence is back. Its hard but get back at it and make it happen good luck.

moundhill

Supporting Member
Hebbardsville..
Thanks alot guys. I'm gonna take tommorow off from deer. I have some family and friends lined up and just gonna take my mind off of it. If all goes well, I'll try and hunt again Sunday. I told myself I was done for the year...but I love this shit too much.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Thanks alot guys. I'm gonna take tommorow off from deer. I have some family and friends lined up and just gonna take my mind off of it. If all goes well, I'll try and hunt again Sunday. I told myself I was done for the year...but I love this shit too much.

That's the spirit! Shit happens man, and its happened too a lot of us.