Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Did the DOW publish the wrong dates for ML season?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am with you Huck. Does this mean the ONLY legal dates are Jan 7-10 or it is simply legal to shoot them on these dates now?

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
Looking foward to hearing what your warden says hicks. They have made the announcement, so you're gonna get a ticket if you're ML hunting outside of the 7-10th. Take it to court and show them the OAC and you'll win in my opinion.

Gern186

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NW Ohio Tundra
Some of you guys are looking way too far into this. It has been stated that the season is the 7th - 10th. Go hunting then and get your deer and there will be no need to hunt from the 14th to the 17th.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Thanks Sam. I made it an announcement across all forums..

Kasichs Emergency order is a temp amendment to the OAC.. Therefor the OAC has been temporarily corrected. Relying on the OAC as a legal loophole is no longer valid.

saddlepants

central Ohio
I really dont get what all the fuss is about....werent most of you guys complaining about TOO many muzzy seasons:smiley_confused_vra and TOO high of limits anyways? I think you all shouold stay home and save the deer.....................:smiley_crocodile:................for me!rotflmao

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I really dont get what all the fuss is about....werent most of you guys complaining about TOO many muzzy seasons:smiley_confused_vra and TOO high of limits anyways? I think you all shouold stay home and save the deer.....................:smiley_crocodile:................for me!rotflmao

Some of us would be happy to have four more days to fill our bucks tag!

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I am buck hunting only as well. Give me more days with the muzzy and I am not complaining. Still would like to harvest with my bow, but at this point in the game I will take any advantage I can get.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Personally I wanted an 8 day season for ME, but really didn't want everyone else out killing deer. mischeif.gif

Really though it was more about a screw up by the ODNR and how they were going to handle it. They set the standards, make the rules and we are expected (rightfully so) to follow them. Our ignorance or our misinterpretation of the rules is no excuse. But when they screw up...