Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Did the DOW publish the wrong dates for ML season?

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
If they want to play hardball they can ticket you, maybe confiscate your gun. Of course you can go to court and probably win.

Sure. I agree Sam. I am sure every county has a WO with a different attitude. I don't really think ours is a "prick". Some of them might be, but I think ours is fair. His job is to enforce the laws. It doesn't make his job any easier when his higher ups put out conflicting dates. Now don't get me wrong, if I do something and I am in the wrong, I am sure I will get a ticket. I just don't think he is going to be out nitpicking over all this. If anything, he is probably going to be thankful for the opportunity to takes his kids out an extra day or so. lol

Milo

Tatonka guide.
the OAC trumps anything written on paper by anyone...that's what was voted on and passed...i am betting that they will do like they do with the rule books, your supposed to know the rules before entering afield. Similar to were supposed to know where property lines are.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
the OAC trumps anything written on paper by anyone...that's what was voted on and passed...i am betting that they will do like they do with the rule books, your supposed to know the rules before entering afield. Similar to were supposed to know where property lines are.

True. However, I had NO idea about the OAC vs the Regulation book prior to reading this. Whenever I had a question I would pull my book out or look at the online downloaded version and find my answer. If that didn't work I would call the WO for our county. Just how many people fall in my shoes? I would like to think I take a more active role in my hunting than many of the "weekend warriors" that simply grab there shotgun or muzzle loader and follow the reg book they get when they buy their tags/license. Were it not for Ohiosam pointing it out on the TOO site, I would have had zero idea about this.

This leaves them with two options: Emergency law enabling us to hunt an additional season or the inability to enforce any tickets from the 7-10th.

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
Guys have scheduled vacations for the 7th-10th.
Guys have planned trips.
Guys are coming in from out of state.
And most importantly, I don't wanna wait an extra week! :tantrum:

Who started this thread...lemme see...DAMMIT SAM!?!?! :tantrum:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I have a feeling they'll just let it go. I'd bet that less than 10 percent of the hunters out there that are even aware of this discrepancy.

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
Who started this thread...lemme see...DAMMIT SAM!?!?! :tantrum:

HEY DAN!

Don't shoot the messenger!

Ohiosam

*Supporting Member*
Mahoning Co.
COLUMBUS, OH – Governor John Kasich today issued an emergency rule reiterating that the statewide muzzleloader season for deer is January 7-10, as published in the 2011-12 Ohio Hunting and Trapping Regulations booklet.

The emergency rule was requested by the Ohio Department of Natural Resources (ODNR), Division of Wildlife because the dates printed in the hunting regulations handbook were inconsistent with the Ohio Administrative Code.

The ODNR ensures a balance between wise use and protection of our natural resources for the benefit of all. Visit the ODNR Web site at www.ohiodnr.com.

http://www.ohiodnr.com/home_page/Ne...zzleloader-Season-Dates-are-January-7-10.aspx