Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dicks says NO TO AR's.....

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Since we don't run a bunch of Ads I have plans once the site is upgraded to make an Ad spot against these companies.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Negative exposure to over 118k unique US based visitors per year should be a good kick in the dick for them.

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio
If you’re on Instagram you need to follow making hunting great again. They’re hilarious...

BCamp

Dayton
In addition to no longer shopping there I was going to write an email telling them exactly why they will never get money out of me again but have been unable to find one yet, does anyone know where to find this information? All I've been able to find on their website is a phone number but I'd rather put it in an email to make sure I leave nothing out.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
In addition to no longer shopping there I was going to write an email telling them exactly why they will never get money out of me again but have been unable to find one yet, does anyone know where to find this information? All I've been able to find on their website is a phone number but I'd rather put it in an email to make sure I leave nothing out.
Can't find one. Maybe Joe can dig one up

Gordo

Athens County
This shit drives me nuts.

Watching reactions on face book to this news release made me want to put my head through a wall.

Shit like "well that's a start!!!".

A start to what? WTF is the finish? Disarming civilans. They going to come kick my door down and take all my weapons. Is that the end game these people want? Jeez, what do you think happens after that?

It's moronic. These same folks are all the 'resist' movement thinkers.

Good luck resisting shit with their 'end game' plan.

The government is set up as a system of 'checks and balances'. So much of that is already down the shitter, but the second amendment is a major player in keeping balance and freedom.

What a bunch of Dicks. Their going to feel the heat from this one.

WTF are people thinking. Look at the god damn opioids crisis in our fuckin country. "War on drugs". Peace o fucking cake. Just make shit illegal. Fucking joke.

Wild rant, but the bottom line is, the shit already exist. You aren't going to eliminate them. That thinking is so fucking stupid.

Dicks can suck my dicks

Gordo

Athens County
Why do I need a rifle with a big magazine?

I need one because they exist. Since they exist, there are some bad bad people that have them. Since the bad bad people have them, I better have one to stand a chance.

It's a bit of a rant, but I'll never change my thinking there.

Head scratcher

Last edited:

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Why do I need an assault rifle with a big ass clip?

I need one because they exist. Since they exist, there are some bad bad people that have them. Since the bad bad people have them, I better have one to stand a chance.

It's a bit of a rant, but I'll never change my thinking there.

Head scratcher
Damn it Gordo, it's not an assault rifle, and it's a magazine 😂

Isaacorps

Columbus
Honest question, did everyone stop shopping at Walmart in 2015 when they stopped selling “assault rifles”? Not trying to be devils advocate just wondering where folks stand. I’ve found that the boycott waters tend to get very muddied very quickly when trying to make a principled stand on an issue. For the record, I 100% support the 2nd amendment and the right to choose where to spend and not spend one’s hard earned dollars. Just wondering how far folks go when it comes to boycotts, etc

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Honest question, did everyone stop shopping at Walmart in 2015 when they stopped selling “assault rifles”? Not trying to be devils advocate just wondering where folks stand. I’ve found that the boycott waters tend to get very muddied very quickly when trying to make a principled stand on an issue. For the record, I 100% support the 2nd amendment and the right to choose where to spend and not spend one’s hard earned dollars. Just wondering how far folks go when it comes to boycotts, etc
I haven't purchased anything from Dick's since the first time they decided not to sell ARs. I made a single purchase of a pair of boots from Field & Stream prior to realizing they were owned by Dicks, yet I have not darkened their doorstep since. Walmart's statement of why they stopped carrying ARs was they didn't sell enough of them to justify carrying them. Which I can maybe see as Walmart carried only 1 AR model that I ever saw. Whereas places like Rural King and he'll even MC Sports carried a wide selection. I still try to avoid Walmart at all costs not because of a boycott but because I don't enjoy being surrounded by trashy morons.

I haven't purchased a single under armor item since they dropped their sponsorship for a hunting show after they legally killed a bear. My son received a couple UA onesies as a gift and they were returned.

I haven't purchased a single thing from Bass Pro Shops since I was looking for a 30 round mag back in 2008 and the guy behind the counter told me rather snobbishly "bass pro doesn't sell tactical weapons, only hunting and sporting arms" Even after they later jumped on the AR bandwagon and loaded their shelves with AR-15s and accessories I still refuse to shop there. Now that includes Cabela's. Funny story about mr. Snob moron behind the counter, I asked him if they only sell hunting and Sporting Arms Why do they carry a fabrique nationale five-seven, a pistol thats design and sole reason for creation was to defeat personal body armor. He just kind of stuttered searching his mind for an excuse as i walked off.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Dicks did away with email and facebook contacts on the first go 'round. We blew up their mail and Facebook page to where they just made it so they could not be contacted.

They were talking on the radio yesterday that when Dick's originally stopped selling AR's back after Newtown they just simply moved them over to their Field and Stream stores. Go figure. I think they're all banking on the anti-gun crowd to not notice, or be educated enough on, all the other semi-automatic guns still on their shelves that simply LOOK different. Bet they'll still sell 556/223 ammunition too.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
I have a $50 dicks gift card. Torn about how to use it. They have the money I ain’t going to let them keep it.

Wonder if you could take that gift card into the store and purchase a different one? I know Wal-Mart has those big kiosks that have several different cards hanging on them. just grab one and take it to the checkout and see if you can buy a different one? I'm not sure if Dick's has those kiosks or not. Been many years since I stepped foot in one of their stores.