Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer Hunters

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Don't matter, Steelers can't beat the Patriots
At least your kicker is humble (gave a great postgame interview - "just doin' my job")

When grass is green and tides are high,
and button bucks go flying by,
When the temps are right and the wind is good,
That's the time to be in the wood.

Enjoy God's splendor, give thanks for His bounty,
Especially if you're in a buck-laden county!
And if you are blessed with an opportune shot,
Don't fuck it up, and then cry like a twat.

Make your hand steady, make your aim true,
Let your shot come like a bolt from the blue -
Be it buck, be it doe, be it fawn, be it button,
Remember that venison always trumps mutton. <insert appropriate sheep-fucker joke here>

There ya go Gordo, enjoy :smiley_coolpeace:

Poe would be impressed! :smiley_clap:

bigten05

*Supporting Member*
knox county ohio
im just getting caught up here lol. i cuss like no other but hes got me beat. and alot of talk in his first post about hunting the big ones and dont get excited for a button buck but shoots a 4 point. i dont care what anyone shoots and am happy as hell for anyone that kills a deer no matter what it is, but dont act like you only hunt giants and then say you shot a 4 point.

Fletch

Supporting Member
He definitely was a little rough around the edges.... Poor "J" his thread definitely went South quick.. But back to "J's" original post about trophy hunting or targeting a specific buck.. Let's face it everyone loves a nice rack and dreams about them the night before opening day. If you have history with a particular deer it makes it even more interesting. It's what makes us human. Everything is fine as long as you don't become too obsessed with it. I look at hunting as a big cake... I'm out there to enjoy that cake and if I shoot a deer, any deer, that's just the icing on the cake. If harvesting a deer every was my only goal... I WOULD HAVE QUIT LONG TIME AGO... I'm out there to have fun and create memories whether it be tagging a booner or helping a friend find a deer he just hit, or maybe its pulling a prank on one of the guy's.. Enjoy the hunt. As we get older we start to lose hunting partner's for one reason or another.. Soon your hunting alone, its then that you realize its just not the same anymore. So enjoy the moment and those with kid's really have something special and have no need to target a big buck. Their day is made seeing the excitement in their son or daughters face... Don't get better than that..

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
He definitely was a little rough around the edges.... Poor "J" his thread definitely went South quick.. But back to "J's" original post about trophy hunting or targeting a specific buck.. Let's face it everyone loves a nice rack and dreams about them the night before opening day. If you have history with a particular deer it makes it even more interesting. It's what makes us human. Everything is fine as long as you don't become too obsessed with it. I look at hunting as a big cake... I'm out there to enjoy that cake and if I shoot a deer, any deer, that's just the icing on the cake. If harvesting a deer every was my only goal... I WOULD HAVE QUIT LONG TIME AGO... I'm out there to have fun and create memories whether it be tagging a booner or helping a friend find a deer he just hit, or maybe its pulling a prank on one of the guy's.. Enjoy the hunt. As we get older we start to lose hunting partner's for one reason or another.. Soon your hunting alone, its then that you realize its just not the same anymore. So enjoy the moment and those with kid's really have something special and have no need to target a big buck. Their day is made seeing the excitement in their son or daughters face... Don't get better than that..

Look forward to meeting you some day Rich. The words written above are very true!

Fletch

Supporting Member
5Cent.. Looking forward to meeting you TOO along with Ric "J" along with everyone else on here.. Great bunch of guy's... Going to try and make the Mingo get-together..