Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Deer fraud claim

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro
I really, really, don't understand how anyone could or would lie about killing a deer they didn't really kill.
And I don't understand why anyone would place a big dollar value on a rack that they didn't kill themselves (the business of buying/selling antlers and sheds and mounts is a mystery to me).

Those two pics are exactly alike. Craziness.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I saw this the other day. If it is true, this is truly disgusting and shows you just what our sport has become.

My thoughts as well! I was sharing a magazine article at deer camp at Strouds with a few guys last fall about this guy and how impressed I was at his accomplishments on the ground. Even though he might have killed the others himself under fair chase conditions or on the ground it makes you hesitant to believe so or casts some doubt.

How pathetic our sport and passion has become. It's somewhat like pro sports and doping. Maintaining a high level of success so you don't lose sponsorships,money or status. Fuggin sickening IMO.....

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
My thoughts as well! I was sharing a magazine article at deer camp at Strouds with a few guys last fall about this guy and how impressed I was at his accomplishments on the ground. Even though he might have killed the others himself under fair chase conditions or on the ground it makes you hesitant to believe so or casts some doubt.

How pathetic our sport and passion has become. It's somewhat like pro sports and doping. Maintaining a high level of success so you don't lose sponsorships,money or status. Fuggin sickening IMO.....

Exactly Ric. We go out and hunt for ourselves and our families. Guys like this are a disgrace.

COB-TY

Retired to the happy hunting grounds above.
Ohio
Guys "our" sport has not changed. It was/is/will always be about a hunter pitting his skill against a truly worthy and wild animal. What has change is the attitude of "hunters"! It has become for some ALL about the killing and not the hunt. What happened? IMHO the greed and almighty $$$$$$$ has clouded "some" folks thinking. Let's not condemn our sport because of a few. Again JMHO.

Fullbore

South Eastern Ohio
Guys "our" sport has not changed. It was/is/will always be about a hunter pitting his skill against a truly worthy and wild animal. What has change is the attitude of "hunters"! It has become for some ALL about the killing and not the hunt. What happened? IMHO the greed and almighty $$$$$$$ has clouded "some" folks thinking. Let's not condemn our sport because of a few. Again JMHO.
How TRUE!

Curran

Supporting Member
Central Ohio

Perfectly said.

GoetsTalon

Supporting Member
Walbridge oh
He got caught and i'll bet there are a few that got away with it!!! Hunting shows suck anymore. Beautiful people stuffed with silicone and makeup with steroid bodys running around the woods looking pretty for the camera!!!

CJD3

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
NE Ohio

Well said Cob

Spencie

Constitution Ohio
As much as I love hunting, this is the exact reason I would not want to make a career out of it. It would take the fun out of it and create pressure to "get it done" at any cost. Sickening.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Sounds like "The southern ohio giant" is a scam too...

Saw that earlier. Man, there's a lot to take in there. I don't quite understand it all, as I've skipped around some pages, but someone definitely appears to be lying about this deer. Pretty sad...

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Saw that earlier. Man, there's a lot to take in there. I don't quite understand it all, as I've skipped around some pages, but someone definitely appears to be lying about this deer. Pretty sad...

I just don't see the point. I guess some people are just so fuggin bored with their life that they have nothing else better to do.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Sounds like "The southern ohio giant" is a scam too...

You ain't a kiddin! Went over to AT to check it out in the bow hunter showcase forum and there is like 3-4 threads started about the same deer! It's like a hydra, it's growing extra heads! Lol

It's really sad that some people need the spot light and apparently will go to great lengths to keep it on them. Pretty entertaining if you have the time to read it all! Lol

themedic

OHIO
You ain't a kiddin! Went over to AT to check it out in the bow hunter showcase forum and there is like 3-4 threads started about the same deer! It's like a hydra, it's growing extra heads! Lol

It's really sad that some people need the spot light and apparently will go to great lengths to keep it on them. Pretty entertaining if you have the time to read it all! Lol

I've been riveted to that thread...biggest hoax in AT history. It will go down with Mitch and Marc Anthony