Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dead mornings

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
IMO, the doe bedding areas are where you want to concentrate hunting near right now. If you know of any in or near your property I'd set up there pronto! A lot of areas have lockdown and breeding going on hot and heavy right now. If you have a funnel or bottleneck that sits between two good bedding areas it would be a killer set up right now. Good luck!

This is where I'm headed in to hang Friday at noon. I've got another spot in mind also, but it's gonna be a bit tricky to slip into.

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I was out sitting behind my house using the Ghostblind this morning & I had a mature doe cut across at 20 yards from their bedding area at 0715. She was by herself ( dammit ) and she never looked my way. I stayed until 0930 then drove up to my other place to pull my cams. I swear it's a dead zone up there. Cams haven't sent me any pics since last week.

Ricer2231

This frigging wind is killing me, it is blowing from every direction possible. Maybe it will lay down here shortly, if not I think it's gonna be a pretty lonely evening.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Just got in with my grandson. Nothing except 2 squirrels. Sat on a grass strip and could see 1/4 mile and nothing.
Frank

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
First skunk of the year for me and I wasn't even the one hunting. Greg got skunked today TOO. Very strange morning. Had a buddy hunting behind my parents and he saw one buck. We've seen no less than 3 deer per sit back there all year and it just went dead.

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Ok now I feel better after reading these reports. I sat until 12:30 and didn't see a single deer this morning... in a spot where I haven't been skunked yet. What the fugg is going on today? Perfect wind, perfect cold weather... damn. Me thinks lockdown is settling in.