Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Db darkhorse

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
IMHO blending helps. But I took two mature does last year in my blind in the middle of a food plot. The difference may be it being in a food source???? One thing I have observed is that they (deer) do not like the windows with the screens down. With them up they come right up. Maybe it is the dark holes looking like eyes in the distance???? This is all referring to recent blinds not ones that have been up for a while.

Beentown

formerbowhunter1023

Now Posts as Jesse..
SE Ohio
Sorry man, but I gotta disagree with you on that one. I have seen some of my biggest bucks out of unbrushed in blinds. I just do not think they associate the shape with danger. I think it looks like a blow down, or root ball popped up. When storms come through, do you think the deer avoid all the fallen trees? This is what my blind looked like, and what it got..

I'd be willing to bet that removing from that deke from the equation would have altered the encounter. Like I said, obviously an unbrushed blind can and will fool deer, even mature ones. But I personally would never feel comfortable hunting from a blind out in the open like that. It's sweet it worked for you though! That's a hell of a buck!!!