Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Dante's 2014 - 2015 season

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

Yeah, I already posted this pic, but I saw this guy on the hoof out of velvet today. Looks pretty good. I wanted to pull the cam off this property today. I waited till noon, in the rain and spotted him in the field. He was on the seam between a bean field and a crp field. Not sure if he was feeding in the middle of the day or if he was laying in the grass, but I about capped my pants when I saw him take off for the woods. Man is he wide. I got the cam home and he was showing up regularly until a couple days ago and was still in velvet as of the third. The other good buck hasn't been around for a week or so as far as I can tell.

I don't want to get my hopes up, but I think if I have a chance at any of the three shooters in this area, he would be the one.

dante322

*Supporting Member*
Crawford county

Saw this guy this morning.... bedded in the brush....as I was walking in.

My flashlight caught some eye shine, I knew it was a deer but wasn't sure it was a buck till he turned his head. After a minute, he got up and walked away. Had a couple does bust out of the corn as I was walking by as well. Bunch of squirrels and a raccoon that needs to be skinned in a month or so, other than that it was a beautiful morning.