Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cuddeback Cuddelink

Sgt Fury

Sgt. Spellchecker
I agree with lithiums. Just the same, with lithiums, they'll pretty much read 100% until the minute they die. I guess I have a love / hate relationship with them. Ya just don't know when they're gonna peter out...lol.

On another note, doesn't one of the Cudde units need take D batteries & the othesr AA ?
I agree about the lithium’s saying 100% then they are dead. I get about 8-12 months on a set with my regular trail cams but my cellular cam I only get about 5 weeks. The camera settings read 100% right up until the camera stopped sending pics. I need to get a solar panel.

I agree about the lithium’s saying 100% then they are dead. I get about 8-12 months on a set with my regular trail cams but my cellular cam I only get about 5 weeks. The camera settings read 100% right up until the camera stopped sending pics. I need to get a solar panel.

One thing I don't like about these Cuddebacks is that they don't tell you a percentage. They only tell you when they are low and with alkaline that is only a day or two before they die.

Reactions: Sgt Fury

Outdoorsfellar

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I thought all along, this Cuddelink system was designed to keep a guy from going in & checking his cams on a regular basis. There's no way that's going to happen with the battery life issue. It's a wonderful concept, but I doubt it will ever be practical at this time. I hate to see guys spend $$$$$ on something that they'll end up regretting perhaps.

I thought all along, this Cuddelink system was designed to keep a guy from going in & checking his cams on a regular basis. There's no way that's going to happen with the battery life issue. It's a wonderful concept, but I doubt it will ever be practical at this time. I hate to see guys spend $$$$$ on something that they'll end up regretting perhaps.
If they could improve their battery life somehow I think they would be great. I am anxious to see how the lithiums hold out. For me at my camp even without great battery life they are still a good thing as I can still spend less time checking. When I was down there during the rut I could wake up and go pull the card on the back porch to see if there was any activity during the night.

Reactions: Outdoorsfellar
Ok. Next Updata

First is the home camera. This had the lithium batteries and they were dead when I arrived at camp. From the pics it appears that they died on 12/6. This means that I got about 32 days out of the lithium. That isn't much better than I got out of the alkaline. The home camera isn't as big of a deal as it is easy to change batteries. I changed them so I could continue

Next camera has the lithium AA batteries. This camera is set on a trail so it doesn't take ton of pictures. The battery level is still ok and it has taken 132 pics in 39 days.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

Last camera has the lithium AA batteries. So far this camera has taken over 950 images and has been going for 43 days.

Untitled by cspot12, on Flickr

I am kinda expecting the other cameras to die soon especially the one that has over 950 images, but we will see.

Reactions: Big_Holla and giles
There are a couple FB pages on wireless cams where they have been reviewing the Cuddelink cams and it sounds like some model cams are better than the others when it comes to batteries but the big recommendation is to set up a solar system or solar/external battery system, especially for the home unit.

Reactions: cspot
There are a couple FB pages on wireless cams where they have been reviewing the Cuddelink cams and it sounds like some model cams are better than the others when it comes to batteries but the big recommendation is to set up a solar system or solar/external battery system, especially for the home unit.
Can you shoot me the link to those pages. I would like to see what others are doing. I could set something up where I have these