Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cotty's Hunt Journal

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Awesome account of your guys hunt this evening. Felt like I was there! Good stuff regardless of the out come. Good luck tomorrow guys.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Awesome hunt and story, Mike! Hope he can connect in the next few days, but if not he's still getting great experience with dear ol dad.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
We has action again. Broadside at 35 yards. Just a bit far for him yet. She moved to 30 but got down wind and boogered real fast.
We was all smoked up. I'm not sure what happened, but she never hesitated and took off as soon as she got our wind.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio
Could be that it was one of the does that came in last night. Although she didn't smell you directly, she may now be associating the smoke with danger, due to an arrow wizzing by her last night. Try it again tomorrow, but don't take the smoker.

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Sorry to hear about the miss, but glad he is getting after them still. Hang in there. Still a little time left!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
First off, everyone... Thanks for the encouraging words all season and following along. Me and the boys appreciate it!

Greg, you know, that never even crossed my mind. I think next time out we will switch up our clothes and try scent free or another cover scent for that reason.
We very well could have boogered her up with all the action yesterday.

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Last hunt of the season. Kody didn't feel like going, which is very unusual, but he's hunted 7 days straight.

Klay says, "I'll go!" So, with doe tag in hand we toted the Xbow out to the tent.

Klay is the gunner tonight.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359928822.053144.jpg

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Almost... agian. LMAO! I'll be getting the metal detector out whan the snow melts to try and find these arrows in the field. Ha ha ha...

Long story short, Klay had a doe at 15 yards. He was up and ready, I give him the distance and tell him to shoot when ready. He squeezes one off and then says, "oh no!"

He proceeds to tell me he aimed off the 30 yard dot in his scope. I asked him how he mangaed that one and he said, "I panicked! It's been awhile."

LMAO! Well, we've had fun the last few days. that's all that matters.

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Dang! Almost Mike! You guys rocked with the late season effort and for that.......I applaud all of your family! :smiley_clap::smiley_clap::smiley_clap:...and ole scout!:smiley_clap: