Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Corn prices 2013

Boarhead

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Always good to check with a local farmer as you get alot more for your buck.The feed mills in my area want 10 dollars for 50 pds.The farmer i get it from usually lets me have it for 6 to 8 dollars for a full bag which is usually around 80 to 85 pds.Hav'nt got it yet this year but last year got 3,200 pds for 300 dollars, very good deal.Sure miss the days when we got a thousand pounds for 63 dollars.

JD Boyd

*Supporting Member*
Urbana
I've heard some fields around here doing well over 300 bushels an acre so corn prices are likely to be going down...

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
I've heard some fields around here doing well over 300 bushels an acre so corn prices are likely to be going down...

That is amazing. Nearly unfathomable. I have heard of some crazy yields expected this year as well.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH

Dang that is awesome. I think we average 160 to 180 an acre usually. 300 is nuts. There is talk of my Uncle getting 240 an acre this year but he will never admit it. Ever farmer is a poor farmer around here ;)