Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

cooper hollow rut hunt

Jwright

What part of E. TN you from? That's where I grew up but I'm living in Wooster Ohio now.
I'm from east Tennessee, I've hunted my butt off here and its just almost impossible to find much less kill anything over 2.5 yo in these mountains. I've leased in Illinois quite a bit but between buying my first house and my buddies having kids now that's just getting hard to do financially and time wise. I'm pumped about hunting Ohio this year. It's closer, just as good of deer and hunting and I like those hills. Almost like hunting around the house but with actually decent bucks.

reo

N.E. Ohio
I'm from east Tennessee, I've hunted my butt off here and its just almost impossible to find much less kill anything over 2.5 yo in these mountains. I've leased in Illinois quite a bit but between buying my first house and my buddies having kids now that's just getting hard to do financially and time wise. I'm pumped about hunting Ohio this year. It's closer, just as good of deer and hunting and I like those hills. Almost like hunting around the house but with actually decent bucks.

Public is not much different in Ohio. Come on up and have a good time but guard against setting yourself up for disappointment

Sch8pt

Ive been hunting in ohio , for years now, from ky, and it will vary from year to year but the times ive seen most deer has been prob oct 26- nov4. You will probably either hit or miss the time frame youre there meaning a lot of bucks will be with does during those dates and if you can find a hot doe your in buisness if not youll think there is no deer , being mobile will help a lot , my expericienced have been both good and bad , just realize you will have a chance at a p&y or better but its still hard hunting and you may not see much at all but thats why we call it hunting. If your going for the hunt and not just the kill youll have a great time. Pressure will be a big question mark but those dates will be hunted most by public land bowhunters so i would say youll have company , also do not over look places you may think is too easy to hunt because a lot of times them does will drag some big boys right next to the roadways trying to get away from them if they are not ready to breed yet . More people are hunting ohio now than ever before but still should be plenty room , good luck , hope you get a big one . Some bucks are still checking scrapes at that time as well so a fresh scrape line should not be overlooked .