Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Code Blue Screamin Heat

So I won a prize pack and got this stuff, as well as a drag rope, buck urine, and doe estrous. I have never really had much success with scents in the past, but I am just wondering if anyone else has. Thinking about putting the buck urine on some scrapes around the property and near my buck decoy I plan on using this weekend. Is it worth it to try the sreamin heat on a drag rope on the way out?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Gave up on using them in my hunting tactics a long time ago. Had more negative than positive reactions with them. Only scents I use are from James Valley scents that Boarhead turned me onto but they're just used to mock scrapes and piss off the original maker of any natural scrapes I find. Lol

I also pee in them if I have to go on my way in or out. Good luck to you though and be sure to let us know how it works.

MK111

"Happy Hunting Grounds in the Sky"
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
I would sell the scent and put the money to good use. I'm convinced that the scent sellers wait months for that one success picture to advertise with.

Concordmeadowsfarm

SE Ohio
No joke I had a bad experience. I was hunting a creek bottom farm field edge, where I could see my truck 400+ yards away along the road. Sprayed the drag and walked in. The scent drag worked as a cruising buck crossed the scent. But unfortunately followed it all the way to my truck, literally to the drivers door. And gave up, all while I sat in my stand watching. If I do it now I do it relatively close 100 yards ish to area of my stand. I'm still learning and would love to others stories!

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
The scent drag worked as a cruising buck crossed the scent. But unfortunately followed it all the way to my truck, literally to the drivers door. And gave up, all while I sat in my stand watching.

Sorry, but that's some funny chit right there. hahaha

Hoytmania

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Gods Country
Never really had any good experiences using urines. But if they are free may as well see what you can make of them.

Isaacorps

Columbus
Had one BB come in on a string to a drag one year. Other than that, nothing. Unless, of course they were just following it back to the truck 😂 Seriously, that's hilarious

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
The only scent I ever had positive luck was some stuff Tinks used to make called Draw2. I never seen deer act negative around it. They werre always courious about it. I killed some Does and a few young bucks over that stuff. Havent seen it in years

Bigcountry40

I won a packet also, I will be trying it this weekend, I have a ole' timer that loves code blue. I have heard several success stories with Golden Estrus, I have always had the intentions of tryin Golden Estrus just never have

One thing that goes along with Concord's comment is keep freshening it as you walk so there is always fresher scent going in the direction you are and don't start it til you are well away from your vehicle. That way it gives him time if he does go the wrong way to turn around and head back before realizing something is up.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
The only scent I ever had positive luck was some stuff Tinks used to make called Draw2. I never seen deer act negative around it. They werre always courious about it. I killed some Does and a few young bucks over that stuff. Havent seen it in years

I used that some back in the day too and had some decent luck. Actually killed my first buck after grunting him over to my trail and he followed the trail to his death.