Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Climbing sticks opinions

OO2

In the Uplands
Buy a climber, problem solved 😂
😂that may do it for me, but then I’d have to hunt for the perfect tree and a deer!! One might be handy to have though.

I just feel more comfortable hanging the sticks and bracket, plus allows me flexibility for all kinds of trees.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
I still run 4 LWs and sometimes carry a Muddy Pro as a top stick. It's shorter, but has dual folding, dual steps giving you solid footing to hang your stand. I also bought a LW climber from a TOOzer cause I'm tired of packing 34 pounds every time I want to run and gun, especially when I find spots where a climber would work just as well.

angelzd28

I posted this on the other thread, but I recently purchased the 4 pack of XOP's muddy bottom sticks. I like the way they lock together and they are about 6 inches longer per stick then the LW's. Haven't used them yet, so I can only say what I like about them so far. I also purchased the XOP Vanish stand that has slots built in to lay the 4 sticks into when running and gunning. Ill post a pic when I get a chance. I've been using an old summit climber for the past few years and its comfy but it weighs a metric shit ton, so the new setup will be considerably lighter.

nis1

Reviving this thread to see if anyone has any updated opinions on the light weight/aluminum climbing sticks on today’s market? Looking for something to partner with my M60u for my public land adventures. Thanks!

Dan Infalt is supposed to be releasing some sticks very very soon. I know nothing about how they’ll work or what they even look like but he designed them to be exactly what he wants which I’m sure will work great for other people. I believe they’ll be available on the hunting beast website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: OO2

Thunderflight

Dignitary Member
Shermans Dale, PA
I have been using a set of leverage climbing sticks for three or four years now. If anyone knows of a set that is for sale please let me know. I'd love to get another.

I'm glad this tread is up. I want to modify mine so that they can be affixed with a rope cleat. Here is a youtube video on how to do it.

Last year I came across a Loggy Bayou hang on stand. It's as light as a lone wolf, bigger, more comfortable and super easy to set up. I also have two loggy bayou climbers. I have one with the band and one with the cable. Both are awesome (except for the climbing aid which can get tricky at times). However, climbing trees in a climber is really hard on my lower back. It's a lot easier for me to get up a tree with the sticks.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
I have been using a set of leverage climbing sticks for three or four years now. If anyone knows of a set that is for sale please let me know. I'd love to get another.

I'm glad this tread is up. I want to modify mine so that they can be affixed with a rope cleat. Here is a youtube video on how to do it.

Last year I came across a Loggy Bayou hang on stand. It's as light as a lone wolf, bigger, more comfortable and super easy to set up. I also have two loggy bayou climbers. I have one with the band and one with the cable. Both are awesome (except for the climbing aid which can get tricky at times). However, climbing trees in a climber is really hard on my lower back. It's a lot easier for me to get up a tree with the sticks.

My only concern with his design would be where the rope passes through the stick in the hole he drilled. There's a lot of weight where the rope exits through that hole which will damage the rope. Maybe use some kind of pipe driven through to act as a sleeve against that edge.