Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

FOR SALE Cambrella trail cam cover

Kentucky studd

kentucky
Hay guys thought id stop in and share a piece that iv paten called the cambrella its a piece that helps keep the weather and sun off your cams so can get good quality pics..will b available soon...what do u all think?. cambrella 115.jpgcambrella 105.jpg009.jpg

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Nice idea. Could make the camera more vulnerable to detection and ultimately theft. 😞

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Yes I agree. The straps draw attention. Two straps going to draw LOTS of attention. Awful easy to make at home as well. (Sorry dude, just being honest)

Camodan

Even if it attached to the tree or your lock box someone could break it if it's molded plastic or bend it if it's made of some thin metal in front of your camera where you don't get any pictures

MoonLab

Where we’re going, we don’t need roads.
Supporting Member
Tooville
Never seendl that before. Now that'll give me an idea to make one from my work

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Even if it attached to the tree or your lock box someone could break it if it's molded plastic or bend it if it's made of some thin metal in front of your camera where you don't get any pictures

Sorry buddy.... Just my opinion but don't see it being a hot item. Probably fizzle out real fast.

Thanks for the replies...we will see where it goes. Don't hurt to try if ya don't try you never know...

We have had to make covers for our Covert cameras for several years now, just a sturdy rubber mat zip tied to the camera over the top. Unfortunately water leaking in through a compromised seal is what kills most cameras IMO. The thought of making a manufactured cover had crossed our minds but like the various reasons other reasons people have said it just didn't seem like it would fly. Good luck to you though!!

Just 1 More

If y'all are having issues with water getting in to your cameras, You should probably be having a talk with the camera manufacturer.. I've been running cams for more than 20 years and i've never had one fail due to water getting in them.

If y'all are having issues with water getting in to your cameras, You should probably be having a talk with the camera manufacturer.. I've been running cams for more than 20 years and i've never had one fail due to water getting in them.

Every one of my Covert's that were past warranty that have died was due to water. They have known they have had issues with the housings warping over the years. What brands have you been running?

Just 1 More

Every one of my Covert's that were past warranty that have died was due to water. They have known they have had issues with the housings warping over the years. What brands have you been running?

Coverts, Browning, Stealth, Moultrie, WGI, Bushnell, Primos.. But, I don't buy the cheap versions, Pretty much each manufacturers top models, maybe that's why

All of my Covert Red's were replaced at least once if not twice. Water was inside each and every one of them except for one having a broken latch. We learned our lesson and kept roofs over the replacements to lengthen their lives and out of 5 I am down to 2 that are working yet.