Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Cabela's customer service

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Ordered a scope for my muzzy last week and It showed up yesterday. Opened up the shipping box to find they had shipped the correct scope however, there was a pink sticker that said " Display" on the box. The box had already been opened and I have no idea how many hands have been on it while at the store or how many times it had been banged around. I didn't even open it to see how the scope looked after seeing that sticker. I ended up on their site and clicked the customer service online chat this morning. Lady pops in and I explain that I got this display model and was charged full price for it. She said she could give me a $10 gift card. Like that's going to fix my issue here lol. I asked if I could return it to the Columbus store and swap it for a new scope and not a display. She looked and said they had limited supply. I asked if they could hold one as I have a site to store order that is going to be sent to that store. She said that they could only hold it for 24hrs. She looked at my other order and said it was being shipped out to the Columbus store today. According to my order it was to arrive by the 22nd at the Columbus store. So I asked if she could call them and ask them to hold the scope until my other order got there. She said again they could only hold for 24hrs and after that it would go back into stock. I thought that was a crock of crap. I said that I was giving them the opportunity to fix the issue and if they didn't I would just return it and order the scope from a different store. She told me the store had the final say if they would hold it longer then the 24hrs and I would have to contact the store.

I call the Columbus store and get the operator and ask to be connected to the customer service desk. The phone just rang with no answer and I was kicked back to the operator. She said that the customer service desk must be busy and if she could help me. Again, I explain the issue. After doing a little looking she finds that they indeed have limited supply and they could put a hold on it but at the close of business they would return it to the sales floor. After a little back and forth and finding that I have another order coming to their store and that I live an hour away and that I didn't want to make an extra trip she decided to ask the gun counter guys. She said she wasn't going to transfer my call because the gun counter was very busy and I would just get kicked back to her again. She decided she would put me on hold and walk over there to ask if they would put one on hold for me. After about 5min on hold she came back. She said she talked to the manager over there and that he could only hold it until the end of the day. Again I explained to her that I was going to be coming down there and just didn't want to have an extra trip for something that was not my fault. She said she would walk back over there and talk to the big boss and see what she could do. After another 5min hold she comes back and told me she talked to him and explained what had happened and he agreed to hold one for me to pick up with my other order. She asked for my number so she could call me back when she had the scope in hand. About 10 minutes later she called me back and told me she had it in hand and had a note attached to the box so it would make the exchange much easier and that she would have it at her desk where I would have to go to pick up my other order anyway.

If any of you end up at the Columbus Cabela's store make sure to give props to Tiffany in customer service for going the extra mile and retaining a customer.
20180314_143120.jpg

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Glad it worked out for you Adam, hopefully that’ll be the last of ass pain with this scope lol...

I sure hope so lol.

I would not have had an issue with it had I ordered it from the bargain cave and it was discounted accordingly lol. The problem was I didn't and they charged me full price for it lol. The Columbus store has the same scope but in the BDC 600 model in the bargain cave for $99.99
This scope was a display and a hundred more then that lol.

RedCloud

Super Moderator
Super Mod
North Central Ohio
Got an email yesterday morning that my other order had arrived and was ready for pickup. Went down yesterday evening and got everything squared away. I ended up running into Stash and his son at the gun counter and talked to them for a little bit.

Reactions: Dustinb80