Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buckmaster's Adventures

Buckmaster

Portage
Most of our camp members made it to camp for this weekend arriving on Thursday 9/26.
They spent the first couple days just relaxing and hanging out. They did a little fun work like putting up some posted signs, laying out some grass seed on our freshly bull dozed haul roads, and mowing grass. All along with thinking and talking about deer.

I spent this weekend at home involved with football and soccer.

Saturday morning was Parents Day so here I am with son and wife being introduced at the football game. Mommy got a flower as she walked across the field.
My son is #60 his favorite number. This year is his first year playing as a Kindergarten kid in a K-2 league. He starts as offensive tackle and defensive end beating out first and second graders for the spots. Not bad for being the youngest on the team. Me, I'm one of the coaches and one proud Daddy.

Attachments

• Parents Day.jpg
    Parents Day.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 325

Buckmaster

Portage
Meanwhile at Deer Camp....the guys are checking out the food plots.

This one is Ladino Clover and Appin Turnips.

This plot was planted on August 1st.

Attachments

• Tower Food Plot 9-28-13.jpg
    Tower Food Plot 9-28-13.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 336

Buckmaster

Portage
We call this stand The Tower. I've killed about a dozen deer from this stand over the past 8 years. It has a swiveled boat seat, ultra comfortable.

Attachments

• Tower Plot.jpg
    Tower Plot.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 356

Buckmaster

Portage
Here's another plot planted the same time. We call this The Blonde Stand (because Scott one had a blonde on all four's in front of this stand a few years back, True Story).

These pine trees are killer for hanging stands and the ultimate in concealment.

Attachments

• Blonde Stand.jpg
    Blonde Stand.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 408
  • Blonde Stand 2.jpg
    Blonde Stand 2.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Looks and sounds like you and your buds are ready for a great season Ben! Congrats to your son and you both for him making the staring lineup. Great pic TOO.

Good luck this year at deer camp.

Buckmaster

Portage
Meanwhile Saturday when I'm playing football....the guys are killing deer.

Here's Mike and his Saturday morning doe. Mike also saw two shooter bucks running together. The one he had his eyes on trying to shoot was a wide 14 pointer, with no height. Too much brush to take the shot.
When I make it down there in a couple weeks I'll have to pull my card to see what we might have. Its on a 6 week soak.

Attachments

• Mike Doe 9-28-13.jpg
    Mike Doe 9-28-13.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 324
Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
Bob also states he saw a shooter in the lower food plot Saturday evening. Bob was going to check out on his buck tag but the deer just held outside of his range.

Kevin missed a doe then wounded one Saturday night. He's one of our member's son. No recovery on a shoulder hit. Better luck next time Kevin.

That's all for week One at Deer Camp.

Buckmaster

Portage
This is my Mini-Me, Brendan.

He wants me to take him early muzzleloader hunting following football season so that should be my first time out this year. Odds are good we can lay down a nice red blood trail through the nice lush green food plot.

Attachments

• Gmen.jpg
    Gmen.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 392