Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buckmaster's Adventures

Buckmaster

Portage
....and lots of them......

Attachments

• 4 wooly bears.jpg
    4 wooly bears.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 157

Buckmaster

Portage
Meanwhile, we fill our midday with lunch, a nap, sighted in our BB gun, and of course some Sports Play, Our Favorite.

Attachments

• Sports.jpg
    Sports.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:

Buckmaster

Portage
About 5pm it was time to go hunting again. This time we will try a new spot that is so good we are almost guaranteed a deer.

He we are...ready to go.

Attachments

• BJ Gun.jpg
    BJ Gun.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 168

Buckmaster

Portage
A half mile walk and we have arrived at our ground blind. This one overlooks a clover field as well. In the background you can see my treeline of Persimmion. They are 5 years old and about ten feet tall now.

Attachments

• Blind.jpg
    Blind.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 160

Buckmaster

Portage
As darkness draws we end another hunt with no deer sightings.

Upon return to camp we find that all the other hunters had shots at deer if they would have wanted to take shots. With the warm weather they all elected not too.

As fate would have it Dave had a 8x5 (13 point) buck at 20 yards broadside munching on turnips in this field from this elevated blind. He said at one point it was directly underneath him.
Maybe next week Dave.

Attachments

• Tower Plot.jpg
    Tower Plot.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 159

Buckmaster

Portage
Brendan and I hunted a third ground blind on Sunday morning. We didn't have any deer sightings from that blind either. 0-3 this weekend. That's unheard of for me. All I can say is I must be saving my "points" for when it counts. The Deer God must have something special lined up for me.

Upon comparing notes with Dave, Scott, and Mike following Sunday's hunt each had deer sightings on their personal hunts. Mike dragged back a doe Sunday morning making it four hunters in camp plus a young boy and 2 deer headed home. 50% success rate is good.

Despite seeing no deer this weekend Brendan is already working me over to come back next weekend.
It's difficult for me to tell him "No thank you, it's Daddy's weekend to begin buck hunting."
So in the meantime....I'll be watching the weather forecast to see the suitability for taking a youngster out again this upcoming weekend.
He's the future owner of Deer Camp so he'll be turning me into a "Softy".

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
I enjoyed reading along, Ben. Take that kid hunting, you can kill a buck once the weather goes to crap! :)

Buckmaster

Portage
Well my young Lad has been anxiously awaiting another hunting weekend so it is now upon us.
This past week it was announced at school that he was Student of the Month. We had parent-teacher conferences last night and we found out he is quite the role model and model citizen for his classmates. He's also carries the grades to go with his newfound status. The teacher said he also exhibits good leadership skills thus as a Proud Papa we are going hunting for sure this weekend as his reward. With the full moon today and rain forecasted this weekend I'm not sure what to expect in terms of deer sightings but we'll have fun nonetheless.
Once again I bought all his favorite groceries, snacks, and sports equipment.

Buckmaster's Adventures will be brought back and shared with you once again on Monday.