Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buckmaster's Adventures

Buckmaster

Portage
This past weekend was full of more football.

Friday afternoon our team rode a float to the local high school football game. It was Homecoming. The boys got into the game for free to enjoy a high school 63-28 victory.

Friday evening my buddy Ron took a doe out of The Tower Stand at Deer Camp.

Saturday, our team received some VIP treatment at Dix Stadium at we watched Kent State get defeated by N. Illinois, 38-24.
It was also Homecoming and I'm an alumni. It made me feel a little younger being back at KSU.

Here we are on the field for pregame introductions.

Attachments

• Kent Game.jpg
    Kent Game.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 169

Buckmaster

Portage
Then Sunday we played our final football game against Waterloo. We lost by one touchdown but both teams played solid games.
We were able to establish some long sustainable drives which proves we have done our job well being coaches.
Our final record for the season was 2-4. I am proud of my son who completed his first football season as a Kindergartener.

Attachments

• Waterloo.jpg
    Waterloo.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 167

Buckmaster

Portage
We capped our season with the traditional water barrel over the coaches head.

Attachments

• Wet Coach.jpg
    Wet Coach.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 171

Buckmaster

Portage
Now it's time to begin hunting mode and getting the homestead ready for winter.

I'll begin organizing my hunting gear tonight. If Brendan decides to go hunting with me this weekend I will take the Encore. If not, I'll be taking the recurve in search for Big Mamma.

Buckmaster

Portage
Buckmaster's Brew Fest.....This is one of my winter projects.

I picked up some grape juice at a nearby winery.

Here we are in the fermentation process....in a couple weeks we'll have wine (actually it takes about 6 months plus to rack to good clarity).

Left to Right....Strawberry (started in June), Vincent, Foch, and Delaware.

I even threw in some old bone to hold your interest. :smiley_coolpeace:

Attachments

• Wine 2013.jpg
    Wine 2013.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 175

Buckmaster

Portage
Kidnergarten wearing pads? What age group do you coach? I have 5-7 yr olds and its flag?

My son is five. Our team comprised of two five year olds (K) , three six year olds (1st graders), and ten seven year olds (2nd graders).

Most of our team will be moving up next year into the JV league (3rd and 4th grade team) so we'll be a young team in 2014.

Huckleberry Finn

I do remember getting drunk off of both bottles of wine that Buckmaster gave me, although it was probably because they were consumed very rapidly! Good stuff.

Buckmaster

Portage
So, my first weekend at Deer Camp for 2013. Two does have been taken in week One and Two.

Now it's early muzzleloader season. My son Brendan has been begging me to take him deer hunting this year. So, with doe only and good weather I figured this weekend was it.
It was also a fine reward for him earning Student of the Month honors at school. He's doing quite well at school. My friend Scott picked up Brendan and I Friday around 5:30. By 8pm we were at Deer Camp. We will be joined Saturday mid morning by my BIL Dave and his brother Mike.

Here we at 6 am Saturday morning. Cinnamon rolls and Apple Juice for breakfast.

Attachments

• BJ Breakfast.jpg
    BJ Breakfast.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 171

Buckmaster

Portage
At 7 am we depart the cabin and head to our stand, "The Shack". It overlooks a clover field.

Attachments

• Shack.jpg
    Shack.jpg
    135.3 KB · Views: 173

Buckmaster

Portage
While in the stand, we whispered, colored, ate snacks, and played games on my phone....all while awaiting that doe to appear.

By 9:30...someone got a little fidgety because we had no action so we ceased our sit and went for a walk. Our morning hunt consisted of two squirrel sightings, oh and lets not forget the blue jays, crows, cardinal, and vulture.

Here we are finding wooly bears.

Attachments

• wooly bear.jpg
    wooly bear.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 158
Last edited: