Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buckeyes just scored and I got a text. IKS. Good night!

yotehunter

spencerville oh
Personally, I think it is a real solid deer. All a matter of perspective. Jake has killed some pigs in his day. No word from him yet as to whether or not to post the pic. Guess I will make an executive decision and post it. [emoji85] [emoji86] [emoji87]

That is fine Phil thanks so here is the story of this buck. I watched this buck all summer in a bachelor group of seven. He was the second of the two if I had a chance at either one I made my mind up to shoot him or another buck that is pushing 165\170. But the big boy disappeared in august and haven't seen him since. This buck I have a few pics of in the last month, so I knew he was still around. So tonight I hunted a stand that I have only been in twice because of needing a north wind. And the second time was tonight. It was a slow night until 635 when I looked across a alfalfa field to my south and noticed a tree moving and it wasn't the wind. So I figured it was a buck and sure enough this guy was working a scrape. I gave him a bleat and he turned his head but then went back to working the scrape. So I grunted a aggressive grunt and here he came following a fence row to the woods I was in. I was turned around in the stand and knew he was going to cross the ditch at 30 yards and sure enough he come through the ditch but we was on a mission so I had to stop him with another grunt. He stopped behind a oak so I drew my PSE and he took one more step and I let it fly. He turn around back through the ditch and fell over in the hay field 60 yards from my stand. This is another testimonial of the scent smoker. He crossed my wind at 20 yards and he stopped for a second and then continued on. It truly does work.