Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Buck down

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Thanks to all good hunt! Grunted and rattled and he came in on a string!

Good deal. Feel free to elaborate. Post up an introduction to yourself. Stick around. This is a great place. Accepting and inviting. We always enjoy seeing new faces.

craa349

Well i hunt deer alot almost as much as i can guys im hardcore in love with deer hunting...lol. i set up in a new spot along a ditch in the woods near a field...nothing really happened that day but some turkeys and squirrells...i fig i would make some noise around 6pm or so and decided to grunt a few times. I picked my antlers up and just kinda rubbed them together for several minutes and did that with a tree branch as well and made some more noise.... after about 5 minutes i heard him coming off the hill down into the ditch and back up where i was. He walked right under me and stopped behind a tree about 5in in diameter. His front shoulder was behind tree and i kinda leaned out to shoot him..i let the arrow go and WHACK i heard it hit....but wait he didnt move or run away... he flinched and squated down and looked around... i looked and saw i had killed the tree ugh omg so im rushing around trying to get another arrow as he takes steps away from me... i put another arrow in my code red rest and flip it up only to have the rest bang it out of the rest so now im trying to put arrow in the rest hes walking away and the arrow is banging off of my sight ugh.. i finally get it find a hole the size of a volleyball in a tree. I have to stand on my toes to shoot through it but its last resort here it goes. As he puts his shoulder in the hole i release the arrow and WHACK again but i see him running away with the arrow in him this time...WHEW ..... what a hunt it happened so fast i wasnt nervous or shaking cant explain the tree i think it just needed to die as well i guess lol but all worked out in the end!