Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Brock/Mason, 2017

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Geez. Dandies. Forever thankful for helping get Garrett on his first deer. Wish he had a buck offer a shot while we were there but that property got him his first deer!!!

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Mason and I spent the greatest part of daylight squirrel hunting with Jamie, Lefty and Slick. We covered ground, saw a few squirrels, shot a few too. (6). It was fun, as always. It's always nice to have Jamie and the boys down to tromp through the woods... thanks for making the trip Jamie.

Attachments

• DSC_0238.jpg
    DSC_0238.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 415

Jamie

Ohio
Hell yeah, great photo!

a fun day of squirrel hunting, for sure. it's a good photo of Mason, the dogs, the squirrels and the giant cow pie we're standing on, but dang, the camera hates me. why do I look older, fatter, and more constipated than I actually am? yikes! :smiley_confused_sch camera man and lighting technician conspiring against me?

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
a fun day of squirrel hunting, for sure. it's a good photo of Mason, the dogs, the squirrels and the giant cow pie we're standing on, but dang, the camera hates me. why do I look older, fatter, and more constipated than I actually am? yikes! :smiley_confused_sch camera man and lighting technician conspiring against me?

Omg Jamie, I have the exact same problem! Conspiracy for sure!

Seriously though, great pic of friends after a day afield enjoying the outdoors...:smiley_clap:

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Haha.
I don't know why, but in this pic you do remind me of every old farmer I saw at the barber shop as a boy.

brock ratcliff

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Lol. Dude, when my fat butt chases you up a snow covered hillside, there is no doubt you are "young and fit". That particular picture does make it appear you have a belly. I don't have a clue why that is but I'm starting to feel like I'm consoling a teenage girl vs a fierce squirrel terrorist.

*ALERT: Jamie is not fat. He only takes a break to let his dogs catch up. Jamie is so young and vibrant, he makes pictures appear to have been taken on a sunny day, even at night! Lol

Jamie

Ohio
Lol. Dude, when my fat butt chases you up a snow covered hillside, there is no doubt you are "young and fit". That particular picture does make it appear you have a belly. I don't have a clue why that is but I'm starting to feel like I'm consoling a teenage girl vs a fierce squirrel terrorist.

*ALERT: Jamie is not fat. He only takes a break to let his dogs catch up. Jamie is so young and vibrant, he makes pictures appear to have been taken on a sunny day, even at night! Lol

LMAO! now that is funny. for the record, I ain't nowhere's near the ray of sunshine that I'm being portrayed as. Dammit Brock, I have a rep to protect! mischeif.gif

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
You know how they say pictures/video adds about 10 pounds to a person? Maybe some add 20 plus or so?!?!rotflmao

JK Jamie, I agree it’s the suspenders. :smiley_crocodile:

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
dang. this is worse than I thought...:smiley_depressive:

it's the suspenders, isn't it?

I'll have to admit that pic makes you look bigger than when Milo, yourself and I bowfished the little walnut. I remembered a skinny as a rail fella climbing the banks like a muskrat. Lol. But hell I'm probably 30 pounds heavier myself and that that was a good 8-9 years ago now. Lol.

Jamie

Ohio
as much as I like to cook, eat, and drink, it's a wonder I'm not on the fast track to fat camp. I quit chewing tobacco and gained 10 lbs that I cannot shake. the other 5-10 extra I carry around these days I'm afraid is middle age staking it's claim. I'm easily walking 15-20 miles a week during squirrel season. I don't want to think about what happens if I don't.

that was a pretty good day of bowfishing as I recall you skewering a whopper of a gar. We should do it again. I have not been in there to bowfish for two years. Gar population probably outta control.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
as much as I like to cook, eat, and drink, it's a wonder I'm not on the fast track to fat camp. I quit chewing tobacco and gained 10 lbs that I cannot shake. the other 5-10 extra I carry around these days I'm afraid is middle age staking it's claim. I'm easily walking 15-20 miles a week during squirrel season. I don't want to think about what happens if I don't.

that was a pretty good day of bowfishing as I recall you skewering a whopper of a gar. We should do it again. I have not been in there to bowfish for two years. Gar population probably outta control.

Yep, best day of bowfishing I've ever had. I google the record after dragging that stinky gar back to the truck and it was a 1/2 inch short of the state record. I forgot at the time that record went by weight. I bet it would have topped it because it was full of eggs. We should do it again. Give me a shout come spring and we slay em.