Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bowtech tuning

Jake_C

I have ran Americas Best as well and liked them.

Good to know. They are a bit pricey IMO. But the strings have a 1 year written no peep rotation, no creep warranty so I'd imagine they're made well. I wanted to try BC Custom bowstrings out of St. Mary's (I think) Ohio for my next set but I'm happy I ended up with an in-state business none the less. I like to keep as much of my money local as possible.

Jake_C

Bad news.... I pressed it to pull the cables off and get it ready for when I pick up the new string and cables and the top cam is definitely not rotating right. Has quite a "wobble" to it. Looks like it's off to the bow shop tomorrow to drop some coin.

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
Bad news.... I pressed it to pull the cables off and get it ready for when I pick up the new string and cables and the top cam is definitely not rotating right. Has quite a "wobble" to it. Looks like it's off to the bow shop tomorrow to drop some coin.

Damn, sorry to hear that Jake....

Dustinb80

#FACKCANCER
Supporting Member
S.W. Ohio
Damn Jake that sucks. Hope it works out. Better to have figured it out now then when you are drawing down on a target buck. Good luck.

Jake_C

Dang dude. Time for a Mathews. lmao

If I could find a Z7X I would! Haven't been a fan of anything from them since (haven't shot the Halons yet). I'm actually going to meet a guy to buy an Obsession. I have no experience with 'em but its in my specs and price range so it'll do until I get the BT fixed.

Fluteman

Supporting Member
Southeast Ohio

Sounds like a bent axle

Jake_C

I bet those turkeys and deer I've killed wished that[emoji23]

There are guys killing deer and turkey with 299 out the door ready to hunt diamonds. ;) I never said they wouldn't shoot, just not the best IMO <=which is what it all is in the end. An opinion. I'd say the " best" would be any of the companies making a good quality bow and offering a lifetime transferable warranty and great CS. These "new" companies are the reason the big 3 are finally stepping up their game again.