Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bow Sight

Hoytman62

There are a lot of Bow Sights out there and I was wondering which one is the best (most popular, accurate, etc.) in your opinion? IQ Retina Lok, Spot-Hogg, TruGlo, etc.? Thanks!

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Ford, chevy, dodge. Basically find the qualities in a sight that you feel you need, then look at the brand name on the box. I still have a set of Montana Black Gold that are 10 years old that I love. But if/when I get a new set, I don't wanna be messing around with allen wrenches to adjust the sites. I wanna be able to micro tune those bad boys. I have also been doing a little shopping around and I really like the Trophy Ridge React.

BowCrazed

I have the Trophy Ridge React sight and it is awesome. It is easy to adjust and dial in. Also the pins are easily visible in low light but not so bright you can't see past them. I have heard alot of good about Spot-Hogg.

teej89

NE PA
yeah this is a tough one. I went spot-hogg just because from this year on out I'll be doing a weekly trip out west and the durability of the spot hoggs is what sold them for me. I really do like the sight tho, bright pins and you never get that haze/blurr around the pin.

Beentown

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Sunbury, OH
I went with Black Gold as it had everything I wanted and the pins I liked best.

If I were looking now it would be Spott or Black Gold. I like the CBE stuff but the pins are hardly visible in comparison to the other two.

For a low cost alternative I recommend Sword.

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
It really is a Ford/Chevy type of debate. I don't see any one sight being "the best". I have a Spott Hogg on my Mathews and love it compared to the Viper I had before. Black Gold and Axcel also make top end sights. It boils down to knowing what you want/need and finding the sight that best fits that list.

carbonarcher

I went with the cheep one for a 1800$ bow only because it was the lightest seems stupid but didn't want my ligt bow to be any heavy r ,was an apex.I think its all about what you're looking for in a sight.Good luck buddy.

rsmith

Just bought a Black Gold Target sight base with a 6inch dovetail and have a extreme archery xiiid scope with a .010 pin and I have to say the .010 was hard to get use to at first but I am loving a small pin now. I would recommend a dovetail sight and get that scope as far away from that bow as you can, with being able to see the pins good, my pin is 8 inches away from my bow so it's pretty far out there, It really makes you focus on target and helps you shoot a lot better IMHO. Single pin is the way to go also. I just switched over from a multi pin to a single and I do like it a lot better as well. Don't have to worry about what color pin to use of whatever, just turn the dial, aim, and pull. I may switch to a spot hogg double up pin though because I like the idea of having another reference mark just incase you do draw and the deer or turkey or whatever keeps moving.

Last edited: