Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Black Friday Buck

Isaacorps

Columbus
Hey guys, sorry for the delay but I don't have the app and can only post pics on the computer. As soon as I got home had to shower and head out to dinner. Anyway, had a rough start to the season. I arrowed a nice 8pt the second week that I was unable to recover(many of you remember from the Live from the stand thread). I was pretty bummed but later found out that another guy in the area has since gotten pics of him still alive and kickin :smiley_clap: since then I've missed a doe and had an expandable not expand on another one. After that happened I swore off expandables and went back to the good old muzzies. I set up a feeder with a cam on it a couple weeks back and largely left it alone just to get an idea of what was going on. I've gotten a lot of pics and pretty well patterned the deer that were coming in. I have limited public only places to hunt (I know it's illegal to bait on wildlife areas but this is an urban program where it's perfectly legal and encouraged, the idea being to reduce deer/vehicle collisions). That being said, I was able to get a pretty good inventory on the deer herd in this particular area. I have pictures of this deer coming in like clockwork over the last week every night with between 10-20 minutes of shooting light left. I've been busy with work and haven't been able to get out since 2 weeks ago tomorrow. I wasn't planning on going out today but it happened to work out. I got out around 3:45 and settled in on the ground since I didn't have time to climb. It started raining lightly around 4:30 or so and I really didn't have high hopes as the woods were dead otherwise. I was just hoping he would show up at his normal time lol. Sure enough with the wet leaves and waning daylight he appeared like a ghost right at 5:10. He was initially quartering to and that's not a shot I'll take. I debated with myself whether or not to shoot him if he gave me a broadside shot. As soon as he did I let it fly at 20 yds. I watched him run up the hill, disappear mometarily, reappear and disappear again. He was wobbling bad and as soon as he disappeared again I heard him crash. Game over. Definitely not my biggest nor my smallest deer but considering everything this year, I couldn't be happier! Thanks to all you guys who are so positive and encouraging on here. I love reading all the stories!
'

Attachments

• IMG_1883.jpg
    IMG_1883.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_1885.jpg
    IMG_1885.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 109
  • IMG_1886.jpg
    IMG_1886.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_1887.jpg