Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best line I've ever been told....

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
So I took my deer to the processor, didn't want to mess with it, and learned something new apparently. For those of you who saw I killed a 9pt the other day, he was fairly easy to judge his age. Take him to the butcher and he says, "nice 5 year old". I said no, he's 3.5. He comes back with "no, he's 5. You can tell by counting the side with the most points, how many points on that side is how old the deer is." :smiley_confused_vra rotflmao

He also says, deer dressed at 166, "he's close to 300lbs live, those guts weigh at least 75lbs" again rotflmao

Then tries to sell me on his taxidermist. All I can say is I hope the mount was done in the 60s! Oh, and it's a little 1.5 3X3 with no brows and he tells me how he's 3 years old. rotflmao

My first though was, there's no way I was the first guy to look at you crooked with this crap coming out of your mouth and tell you you're wrong... LMFAO!!!! Honestly i wanted to take my deer and put it back on the truck. But I was in a rush and figured his general deer stupidity hopefully doesn't reflect on his cutting and packing abilities... and hopefully caping ability. PLEASE GOD LET ME BE RIGHT!!!!

TOO funny not to share!!!

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
You take him to Washington County? lmao

My experience has been that most processors know all about deer, yet don't hunt them or their definition of "hunting" and mine, differed greatly. I bet he's a fine butcher though...

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I used to butcher deer commercially. If he is anything like the crew we had, he just may have been about 1/2 shot in the azz (or more) and was just messin' with ya..........Then again, hope your deer doesn't taste like lamb or somethingrotflmao

woodyw333

Cincinnati Oh
Hey there is nothing wrong with drinkin at 10:45am.. that to me is like my 10:45 pm.. But then again I work third shift and get off at 6am.. and yes we have been known to be at the bar at 615 am gettin our drink on after work.. There are a few bars that open at 6 in northern ky..

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Ive pulled in there on a Sunday morning and the lady that took my money had a Bush Heavy in her hand lmao.
They are the best in this area in my opinion. Who is doing your Taxi work?

"J"

Git Off My Lawn
Supporting Member
North Carolina
What is it with guys who cut up deer???? They all drink all day long..... The professionals are one thing they cut everything but the strictly deer guys are heavy drinkers..... :smiley_adfundum:

Diane

*Supporting Member*
Newark
:smiley_crazy:

(Accidentally posted this once under Rick's name and had to delete it! :smiley_depressive:)

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Some of the nasty deer that come in, you gotta have a buzz of some sort to deal with it. The genereal public does NOT take care of their deer like we do. Seems as if a lot of them think you're supposed to fill the cavity with leaves and hair to soak up that extra blood inside. Very Few even wash one out. Even got one in that was full of beer cans!

cotty16

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Some of the nasty deer that come in, you gotta have a buzz of some sort to deal with it. The genereal public does NOT take care of their deer like we do. Seems as if a lot of them think you're supposed to fill the cavity with leaves and hair to soak up that extra blood inside. Very Few even wash one out. Even got one in that was full of beer cans!

Now that's an idea! Beer battered deer.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Hey there is nothing wrong with drinkin at 10:45am.. that to me is like my 10:45 pm.. But then again I work third shift and get off at 6am.. and yes we have been known to be at the bar at 615 am gettin our drink on after work.. There are a few bars that open at 6 in northern ky..

Like I say: You cant drink all day if ya dont start in the morning

bthompson1004

NWOhio!
Dam dude, i had no idea this is what you were talking about. That is some funny chit though! Good luck with him...how long did he say it would take?

ImpalaSSpeed96

NJ
No, this guy at least wasn't a drinker. I think he was fully capable of cutting a deer up though. I sure hope so... He was at least extremely adamant about me getting my own deer back. I stressed to him to also cut the tallow out as much as possible and just to donate the neck meat, keep it out of my burger. I highly doubt they get 30 bucks a cape though, so 30 dollars to cape honestly irritated me a little...

7-10 days Ben. I'm in zero hurry to have it back.

badger

*Supporting Member*
No, this guy at least wasn't a drinker. I think he was fully capable of cutting a deer up though. I sure hope so... He was at least extremely adamant about me getting my own deer back. I stressed to him to also cut the tallow out as much as possible and just to donate the neck meat, keep it out of my burger. I highly doubt they get 30 bucks a cape though, so 30 dollars to cape honestly irritated me a little...

7-10 days Ben. I'm in zero hurry to have it back.

Neck roasts are my favorite when it comes to the roast cuts.