Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best I have heard in a long time

bowhunter1023

Owner/Operator
Staff member
Appalachia
Old Roger cracks me up. Reminds me of a Newsom brother! Or Lou Brown...

[video=youtube;Npx5Xed5L9Q]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npx5Xed5L9Q[/video]

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
Lol Jesse!

Thanks for sharing that Kim. That was some pretty sound advice from one of the old timers. The man has killed some deer in his day and is an unbelievable classical pianist. Also a Duke alum.

Nice reminder of to enjoy the hunt and not get so caught up on having to kill the big one. I shot at my first ever deer with the recurve last week. Right over it’s back at 15 yards. That little button buck had my heart racing and I was wound up. That’s the feeling we are after with hunting.

tpierce

OMG, Talk about a reality check!! Roger is right on there with sentiments I feel every time I'm out on stand and have an encounter. When it comes down to it, it is NOT about size, age, score or anything else. It IS about the time in the woods, and the possibility of seeing deer, and MAYBE getting a shot. Loved it.

Mike

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Up Nort
Nice reminder of to enjoy the hunt and not get so caught up on having to kill the big one. I shot at my first ever deer with the recurve last week. Right over it’s back at 15 yards. That little button buck had my heart racing and I was wound up. That’s the feeling we are after with hunting.
I can relate having missed a buck with trad gear!