Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best County to Buy In ?????

Fletch

Supporting Member
What about PA? LOL. I think you can find the right property in alot of places. The issue is always finding that right property.

Born and raised in Ligonier (Westmoreland Cnty) Although PA has come a long way with quality of deer since Gary Alt instituted antler restrictions, it still does not compare to Ohio... I'm at the point where I only want to shoot quality bucks..

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Don't rule out Kentucky. They are such a sleeper state for deer. Taxes are lower. People density is lower than Ohio (in many locations there). Just a thought.
Agreed. Some areas better than others on taxes, good deer, turkey, and fishing. They haven't been overrun with the big buck craze drawing everyone to ohio and they've been killing some slobs the past 10 years. And they're doing pretty good with their elk reintroduction. Hell when I lived there people would look at you like you were nuts if you wanted to turkey hunt, just couldn't understand why someone would bother. Lol.

Fletch

Supporting Member
Kentucky'a has been producing some quality bucks of late, thus everyone has their sites set on a trip to Kentucky.. I've even thought of taking a road trip there for a bow hunt. I've also got 5 points for Iowa, so maybe with no bear hunt this year I'll head there. But back to Ohio... Key factor is roughly a 6-7 hour drive back to Jersey to visit kids...