Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best All season light truck tires?

huntn2

Hudson, OH
I run the LTX M/S on the wife's suburban due to their exceptional tread life as well. Known others who have ran them over 80k miles.

CARiD

Toyo Open Country A/T - is quite a good option to look at. They last pretty long and provide exceptional grip. BFGs is definitely a worthy option. By the way, no one mentioned GENERAL GRABBER tires with Red Sidewall. These will provide a good traction although a little more noisy on the road.

Last edited:

jagermeister

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Lots of good suggestions. My next set will be BFG AT/KOs. But on a budget, Yokohama Geolanders are some good tires. I would however stay away for Bridgestone Duellers... Had a set on one of my rangers and they were total shit... Lots of noise and terribly uneven wear.

I was just looking back through my expense records and noticed I purchased the BFG All Terrain TA KO2's on June 25, 2015. For my 2012 F150 STX 4x4 with a 2" lift/level... As of today I've got just shy of 55,000 miles on these tires. These are 275/70R18's (33"). In the last 5-8k miles or so they have cupped pretty noticeably on the inside edge and have started to get louder, but nothing bad enough to make me replace them yet. Still a fair amount of tread left in them. I have been very diligent in rotating them at every oil change interval. These are by far the best truck tires I've ever owned and will not hesitate to buy another set.