Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Best 3 days??

Jake_C

I prefer to have many setups. The "best" setups I stay out until the time is right. I have others that I hunt more often. Where I hunt in pa it is less of a concern as the deer here get harassed as there is a lot of non hunting human activity. I love to hunt so sitting on the couch isn't an option. Honestly I don't think human activity matters all that much when the rut is in action. They are cruising regardless.
Same here. I just like to be out. I saw a lot of deer last year. Didn't put a buck on the ground but I got meat in the freezer and had a good time. If it's bow season, the weather is nice, and I'm not working I'll be in a tree somewhere. I try to leave the "good" spots til the conditions are perfect but honestly it's a coin toss on public. I found out the hard way this spring I'm not the only guy willing to hike my ass off to find the good spots. Damn near everywhere I picked out on a map, or found following last years sign had a stand recently hung in the area. I'll still hunt and still enjoy it. I took vacation Oct30-Nov13 so I'm hoping that rut magic pays off for me. If not I'll knock down a doe and still eat well.