Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bass Pro ~~ Hell No

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Two weeks ago I ordered a 14 mp Browning Command Ops Camera, to use up some gift cards I had. Total was 96.00 We found the same camera on ebay for 69.00 delivered to our door. Big problem is: The camera came from Bass Pro! I sent customer service an email which states I will be needing no more gift cards from them ever.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Two weeks ago I ordered a 14 mp Browning Command Ops Camera, to use up some gift cards I had. Total was 96.00 We found the same camera on ebay for 69.00 delivered to our door. Big problem is: The camera came from Bass Pro! I sent customer service an email which states I will be needing no more gift cards from them ever.
There is a method to their madness. Traditionally there are two types of consumers, thee brick and mortar shopper who pays through the nose, and the savvy internet shopper who finds great deals. The online stores such as Amazon and eBay who cater to the savvy online shopper have really put a dent in the brick and mortar stores profit margins. One way the brick and mortar stores are fighting back is they are taking the fight to the online retail space. Online retailers can sell products for much cheaper because they do not have the massive overhead of a physical store. However these very large brick and mortar stores receive a much deeper initial discount from the manufacturer due to the volume they purchase. What they are starting to do is maintain the ridiculously high prices in the store, then covertly go online and undercut everyone on price at the traditional deal finding locations like eBay. They are probably not losing money on the product because of the low initial purchase price as well as the lower overhead of selling it online. Their intent is to drive all of the other retailers out of business by selling cheaper. If I wanted to start selling browning cameras on eBay there is likely know way that I could beat a $69 price therefor I am out of business.

5Cent

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
North Central Ohio
A good company will have iMAP policies in place and enforce them. It was cool to watch Moen manage their Wholesale, Retail and eComm business. Communication is critical at the top between the Sales & Ops teams.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
So Bass Pro got back to me. They said: Rick,

Thank you for contacting basspro.com. Your business is truly appreciated. We do not conduct our business through eBay. Since they are a separate company from us, and the prices are decided by the independent sellers on that site, they can sometimes be cheaper.
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.

I sent them this:
Your package has been delivered
Tracking # 168625491592891
Ship date:
Thu, 9/7/2017
GAYLE CORDOROY
BASS PRO CATALOG-OB-PRIM ACCT
SPRINGFIELD, MO
US
Delivery progress bar
Delivered
Delivery date:
Sat, 9/9/2017 11:16 am
RICK ROSHON
RICK ROSHON
6886 DORSEY MILL RD SE
NEWARK, OH 43056
US
Shipment Facts
Our records indicate that the following package has been delivered.
Tracking number: 168625491592891
Status: Delivered: 09/09/2017 11:16 AM Signed for By: Signature Not Req
Reference: 991895100
Shipment ID: 168625491592891
Signed for by: Signature Not Req
Service type: FedEx Home Delivery
Packaging type: Package
Number of pieces: 1
Weight: 2.00 lb.
Standard transit: 9/12/2017

They sent me this in return:

Thank you for your response. We recommend speaking to the person you purchased the item from through Ebay for further information over this order.

Crooked people I would say. Denied it was even Bass Pro through 3 emails. Then when I proved it, tried passing the buck yet again.

Bigslam51

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Stark County
Bastards. I know Woodbury outfitters also sells items on eBay at a cheaper price than what you can get it for in the store.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
Well, it started already. I was watching Cabelas camera prices lately. Was glad to see Cabelas was going to honor Bass Pro gift cards. (Had a camera I was sending back for refund). Now I see Cabelas camera prices are double what I can buy one for on line. Guess both stores can go suck it!