Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Basement remodel........MAN CAVE,....with a a princess room!

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
We moved into a new (to us) house about 3 years ago and first spring I believe the basement flooded. So I began the task of doing a self remodel with the insurance money! The basement still had shag carpet on parts of the wall and it was a basic rectangle with a wall running down the middle to divide it into a finished side with wood panel walls, and just shaggy nasty carpet and a storage side. I had always had a plan of opening the storage side up if we ever had the money to add more square footage to the finished side.

This was my plan,....

1.) Demo the crap out of this basement!

2.) Give it more of an updated clean look, and maybe improve some of the basic electrical components.

3.) Get a BIG ASS PROJECTION SCREEN installed !

4.) Turn it into my man cave with a card/pool table area. ( this is where the playroom/ princess room is rotflmao)

5.) Install a small bar

6.) Get a bunch of small TV's so it was like a damn BW3's !!!

Let me get the pics up loaded and I will continue the story........

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
That was my first step but I didn't include it in my project wish list/ steps.....lol

I had three technically have three sup pumps! Battery back up, the main, and a secondary one!

What had happened was that it rained so much for about three days that the ground was saturated and I didn't realize it at the time but the gutter system was tied into the perimeter tile and the sumps couldn't keep up with the ground and gutter at the same time!!!

So first step was cut the down spouts and put an elbow on each one and let the water shoot way out in the yard and guess what haven't had a problem since!!!!! they barely run now before that they ran constantly !!

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looking real nice Ryan. Don't forget a stripper pole. You might need to entertain guests over there to cover the costs. Hope your wife's friends don't harass you too bad while you are dancing for them. :smiley_blackeye:

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
IMG_0067.jpgIMG_0068.jpgIMG_1238.jpgIMG_0069.jpgIMG_0070.jpgIMG_1225.jpgIMG_1236.jpgIMG_1237.jpg

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
Thanks guys, got a lot of little things like painting the post, some trim, adding another tv, putting a mirror and some extra lights up for the bar....but saving my money and those for down the road.

Used the old barn siding from my great grandparents barn that got torn down year ago,....thought that added a little rustic look to it.
Used some rubber floor tiles for the bar area, and painted the old tile ceiling a very dark charcoal gray, turned out pretty good.
The concrete counter tops were a Mother Fugger to get moved down into the basement, I greatly under estimated the weight of those suckers!!! If they ever need to be moved I am taking a sledge to them !

Last edited:

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Looks fantastic Ryan! What are you? . . . .A shop teacher or something?

I was going to ask about the weight of those tops and how tough they were to handle. You already answered it though. I bet you needed several buddies to assist on that portion. lmao

NWOHhunter

NW Ohio
lol Hedge, I call the room with the stairs coming down with the Princess room bc my girls have all there toys, babies, and barbies are in that room.