Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Barnett Game Crusher 2.0

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
Anyone have any experiences, good or bad about these? All the reviews are pretty good, save a few remarks about the scope being cheap. I know for Xmas I will get a few hundred or more in gift cards and cash and thought about getting a new Xbow. I have a lot of fun killing deer with them, and Greyson should be ready next fall and this seemed like a good option. It's either something new in this price range or a used bow that people may be unloading after the new year

Hunter II

I bought one for my 12 year old last xmas. I've only shot it 30 yards. It shoots well. The guy at Dicks said to be careful cocking it to not break the finger that holds the bolt in place but I haven't had any issues.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
I have dealt with several Barnett Crossbows that just started slinging arrows wildly. Joel had one that was posessed! And unless they changed it, their warranty left a lot to be desired. The 2.0 had a problem with the hold-down brush at one point. Not sure if fixed or not.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
The Parker Challenger is only 5.1# Shoots 305 fps. And comes with a lifetime warranty. They are compact but a big hit with the young ones.

xbowguy

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Licking Co. Ohio
There is a Wicked Ridge on Craigslist in Lima. He is asking 300. and it's been on there a few weeks. Offer him 250. and tell him it's the best you can due at Christmas. Tenpoint recently worked on one of my bows and I couldn't be more pleased. They did string work for free (Believe string was defective) and sent me a 3 pack of arrows for my troubles.

Redhunter1012

Supporting Member
There is a Wicked Ridge on Craigslist in Lima. He is asking 300. and it's been on there a few weeks. Offer him 250. and tell him it's the best you can due at Christmas. Tenpoint recently worked on one of my bows and I couldn't be more pleased. They did string work for free (Believe string was defective) and sent me a 3 pack of arrows for my troubles.

Thanks for the heads up. Hopefully he still has it in a week

Buckmaster

Portage
The Parker Challenger is only 5.1# Shoots 305 fps. And comes with a lifetime warranty. They are compact but a big hit with the young ones.

This is how I went for my 8 year old boy. Topped it with a red dot scope. It killed a deer in good order this fall.