Welcome to TheOhioOutdoors
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Login or sign up today!
Login / Join

Bama

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
Im going with the tried and true Bama Tide. Not a big fan of the coach but I think Georgia is overrated. Frumm is good but hasn't faced a D of this caliber. I feel the Barret style QB (JH's) legs beats the Georgia D.

Go BUCKS!!!!!

Quantum673

Black Hat Cajun
Supporting Member
So far Fromm is looking just as good as he has most the year. Alabama is looking lost on offense. Would guess that the second half could go the other way. We will see what adjustments are made.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Yep. The ole tide is shitting the bed. Getting ate up on defense especially when they get Ga on third down. How many times is the Bama D going to let Ga get away with passing on third down. Jesus, cover your man and make the damn stop.

I've never been shy of my dislike for Hurts as the QB. The guy throws lazy grandma lobs and isn't accurate at all. I've never understood what sabin sees in him besides his legs. Thats not enough to win, you have to make the pass, and you have to make it with confidence. Luckily he's had some good receivers that make him look way better that he is. All a team has to do is have good pass coverage and put a spy on hurts to prevent him running and the game is shutdown for the tide. We've seen that time and time again tonight. Ever since last years spring game I've really liked the looks of Tuga the BU QB. Dude has an arm and if developed to read better he would be a absolutely deadly QB. Hurts is a waste of time and i think he's tapped out on his capabilities.

On to Ga. Man what a performance by their defense so far. Tough as nails and reading the Tide like a book. They're not sure how to take Tuga and its showing that they practiced hard to shut down hurts. Sabin should have pulled him way before the half.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Holy fuck. I wrote the tide off before the half. TUGA TUGA TUGA!

No doubt that Ga had the better team. Bama came in the game with 4 starters out on defense, two lost just in the last game. But in the end Bama pulled one out of their ass and won on depth!

And i don't care what anyone says about how it was wrong that it was an all SEC championship game, how others deserved a chance, how we should go to 8 teams. I haven't seen a team all season that could have beat either on of those two teams tonight. Ga dominating in the first and Bama owning the second half like a boss!

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member

What they won't show you on TV. This was for Clemson last week. I'm sure the Dogs were serenaded tonight too.

[video=youtube;1JVOFMBT0yo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JVOFMBT0yo[/video]

hickslawns

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Ohio
Didn't watch it. Didn't care to watch a SEC conference game. Would have liked to have seen how the Buckeyes (if they decided to play 4 quarters) would have faired. What I have read here is what I love about college football though. You really never know how it will end up. OSU vs WI when we rolled them. OSU getting railed by Iowa this year. One never knows. It is easy to forget these are still young men not far removed from HS. That is what impresses me. The poise some of these young players show in a big spotlight. Pretty cool.

Jackalope

Dignitary Member
Staff member
Didn't watch it. Didn't care to watch a SEC conference game. Would have liked to have seen how the Buckeyes (if they decided to play 4 quarters) would have faired. What I have read here is what I love about college football though. You really never know how it will end up. OSU vs WI when we rolled them. OSU getting railed by Iowa this year. One never knows. It is easy to forget these are still young men not far removed from HS. That is what impresses me. The poise some of these young players show in a big spotlight. Pretty cool.

They would have gotten destroyed by either of those teams, and I don't say that as an Alabama fan, SEC fan, or a as yall think a "Buckeye hater". I've watched way more football than I should both SEC and big 10. And I have been the first to call a spade a spade and say so if Bama was playing shit football. Bama only played half a football game, GA still played tough after the half as evident by GA only allowing bama to go +2 on 7 attempts on 3rd down. But some team magic happened when Sabin put Tua in and the Tide was back playing ball. In the end the Alabama D started clicking and it was obvious that Ga had spent a ton of time practicing for a Hurts style football game. They were completely unprepared for a left handed true freshman Quarterback with an arm who made that big bad GA defense look like Purdue. You know how they talk about depth winning football games, well who else has depth at the QB position well enough to put in the backup QB and come from behind not only in score but every other aspect of passing, rushing, first downs, and time of possession to win a football game in only a half.

Here's how the game sat at halftime with Hurts

Bama / GA
Score 0 to 13
1st downs 4 / 16 (4 and fuckin 16! Sweet Jesus.)
3rd down eff 1-6 / 6-11 (1 of 6 vs 6 of 11. Is Bama even trying!)
total yards 94 / 223 (What... No seriously.. WTF!)
Passing yards 21 / 126 (Oh come on! 21 yards!! For fucks sake)
comp-att 3-8 / 11-23 (Someone check if Hurts is crosseyed, who is he throwing to!)
Rushing yards 73 / 97 (Where's that big bad Alamaba run game now? )
Rushing attempts 16 / 24
possession 10:37 19:23 (Seriously!! They've played twice the gama Bama has)

Complete shit performance by Alabama before the half. I mean an absolute shit show. There's usually no coming back from a beating like that. Got beat like a cupcake on both sides of the ball.

Enter Tua after the half / Left hand Freshman with maybe 15 career snaps.

End of game.
Bama / GA
Score 26 to 23
1st downs 20 / 22 (+16 while holding GA to only +6.. Impressive)
3rd down eff 3-14 / 8-19 (Ga still making those critical stops)
total yards 371 / 365 (+277 holding Ga to +142) Almost quadrupled their 1st half yards
Passing yards 187/ 232 ( +166 holding GA to +106) 8X their first half yardage! Ga still moving the ball same as the first, only -20 less this half vs last)
comp-att 17-32 / 16-32 (+14 on 24 with GA going +5 on 9) (Shutting em down)
Rushing yards 184 / 133 (+111 with ga going +36) (Bama killed their run game and ran it down their throat)
Rushing attempts 39 / 45
possession 26:17 / 33:43

Anyone who says those two teams didn't deserve to be there after watching that game is smoking crack. Tell me another team in the nation that could have pulled off that comeback in only half a football game? Sure the hell isn't urban or he would have done against Iowa. The bucks had a 17/17 tie against Iowa 3 minutes before the half, then ended up 55/24 and lost by 31. 3/3 tied ballgame at the half against Oklahoma. Urban ended up going down 16 / 31 in half a game. Georgia put up more points against Oklahoma in the second quarter alone than Urban did the entire ballgame, Ga more than tripped the bucks in total scoring against Oklahoma. Alabama fought back withonly a second half, with a backup QB, for the win against that kind of scoring Ga offense. 1 quarter, 4 quarters, hell give em 8 quarters, they would have fared horribly against either team buddy.

aholdren

Supporting Member
South East Ohio
The difference between Urban and Sabin is that Urban would not pull JT and would have rode out another SEC spanking. Bama found a QB that will have them contending for next years Title game again. I do think the Bucks would have took a loss against both teams just because he would not have went away from JT.

Go BUCKS!!

Dannmann801

Dignitary Member
Supporting Member
Springboro

Damn Phil, first the NFL, now the SEC....you're turning into a grumpy old man! :smiley_crocodile:

finelyshedded

You know what!!!
Supporting Member
SW Ohio
The difference between Urban and Sabin is that Urban would not pull JT and would have rode out another SEC spanking. Bama found a QB that will have them contending for next years Title game again. I do think the Bucks would have took a loss against both teams just because he would not have went away from JT.

Go BUCKS!!

I totally agree Aaron! That’s the only reason though. Had Urban given our other 3 QB’s a chance early in the season to fortify our offense with a more balanced attack they would have had a much better team. You stop our run game then we’re FUGGED!

Joe, our defense was a much better team against USC than they were against OU early in the season, just sayin.

Buckmaster

Portage
I watched it and now I'm sleepy at work. It was a good game and made for entertainment value more so than watching an NFL game.

Clay Showalter

Southern member northern landowner
Guilford County
I Give Sabin credit that was a gutsy call to pull your starter, to jump start your offense. Now where is Hurts transferring to?

Give Hurts credit he was out there congratulating the QB